Hide
8 Posts

Memoir '44» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Why take the enemy's HQ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Man
msg tools
If I take the enemy's HQ, he loses a random card. If he takes it back, he draws his full hand. Thinking of cost/benefit, it doesn't seem advantageous for me to take the enemy HQ. How should I best exploit taking the enemy HQ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Aubert
France
TOULON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
let say, your ennemy has a hand of 5 cards, he loses a card AND he stays at 4 cards until he takes back control of his HQ, he doesn't draw a new full hand, he just gets back to 5

http://www.daysofwonder.com/memoir44/en/content/cards_compen...

EDIT : typo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Man
msg tools
There is nothing that says that his hand size goes down, just that he loses a card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Nemo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
conedguy wrote:
There is nothing that says that his hand size goes down, just that he loses a card

True but if he is playing one card per turn and then picking one up he will stay one card down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Man
msg tools
And then Overlord. What is the advantage or disadvantge there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He "loses" a card in the same way. As long as HQ is taken he has one less card than he normally would in his hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Man
msg tools
pisqueeter wrote:
He "loses" a card in the same way. As long as HQ is taken he has one less card than he normally would in his hand.

He can get that card back by playing less than he draws once. Play 0 or 1 cards, draw two, then the loss of HQ is compensated for, and he gets a full hand back if he takes back HQ.

It does not look good to take the HQ, thinking cost/benefit. But I don't claim to be a great player...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
conedguy wrote:

He can get that card back by playing less than he draws once. Play 0 or 1 cards, draw two, then the loss of HQ is compensated for, and he gets a full hand back if he takes back HQ.

You can never play 0 cards . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.