Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
amanwing
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I try to find a good 4 player game and would like to know what we miss when we buy this game retail? How do the KS exclusives influence the game?

Also if you know other great thematic 4 player games I would like to hear your suggestions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You miss nearly nothing. These are not like Zombicide KS contents. These add only some extra flavour and eyecandy.
(I have them )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas K.
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fisha wrote:
You miss nearly nothing. These are not like Zombicide KS contents. These add only some extra flavour and eyecandy.
(I have them )

Very nice of you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to say that I have them, and still say they add nearly nothing to the game.

kostool13 wrote:
fisha wrote:
(I have them )

Very nice of you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Conversely, I don't have them, and haven't felt the loss at all.

I have the 5 player expansion (which does what it says on the tin) and the Mystics expansion which is good, but not essential. Certainly I'd rather have this than more monsters as it gives you something new rather than more of the same. Both of these are available at retail (as is Gods which I haven't played and seems to have a more mixed response).

While I wouldn't turn down the KS monsters if someone was giving them away, I certainly wouldn't pay the silly money at which they are often advertised.

If you think Blood Rage sounds like your kind of game don't worry about not getting the KS exclusives, the retail version is great as it stands. If you like it and want more, then quality expansions are available at retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Wood
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I don’t agree all the way. While it is true that the extra monsters don’t add tons of replay-ability they do add some threads of strategy. For example Fenrir moves the location of the destroyed province. The MT giant gives you a second leader. The wolf man is able to change the fate of battles. Combined with the right cards these as definitely game changing strategies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tyrellrwood wrote:
I don’t agree all the way. While it is true that the extra monsters don’t add tons of replay-ability they do add some threads of strategy. For example Fenrir moves the location of the destroyed province. The MT giant gives you a second leader. The wolf man is able to change the fate of battles. Combined with the right cards these as definitely game changing strategies.

But would you miss them if you didn't have them and had never played with them? Is the game any less fun or "obviously missing something" without them? I would argue no, the game is complete on its own, and no less fun as it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tyrellrwood wrote:

I agree with this statement.

Mountain giant is in the first age deck and counts as a leader. If I could only have one this is the one.

Fenrir is also in the first age deck and I really enjoy the chaos he can cause. I like having him, and always include him, but I probably would not pay a huge amount to replace him.

Wolfman is a second age monster, only monsters attack values count in battles with the wolfman. This can be overpowered and sometimes I don’t even include his card when we play, especially when playing with new people.

The mystic troll is an age three card that hardly ever gets picked. If I remember correctly you don’t have to pay to invade the area he is occupying. In my experience, in the third age, the map is pretty constricted and you have plenty of rage, I would usually pick just about anything over this guy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
Seamus1 wrote:
tyrellrwood wrote:

But would you miss them if you didn't have them and had never played with them? Is the game any less fun or "obviously missing something" without them? I would argue no, the game is complete on its own, and no less fun as it is.

I don't think so. The giant and wolf add/strenghthen a few additional strategies but more often than not we played without them.
Wolfman is not a fun addition in my opinion (we don't use him) and the Mystic is very underpowered so hardly ever picked.

So no, you don't really miss a great lot imo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvio Z
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim Marshall wrote:
Conversely, I don't have them, and haven't felt the loss at all.

I have the 5 player expansion (which does what it says on the tin) and the Mystics expansion which is good, but not essential. Certainly I'd rather have this than more monsters as it gives you something new rather than more of the same. Both of these are available at retail 9as is Gods which I haven't played and seems to have a more moxed response).

While I wouldn't turn down the KS monsters if someone was giving them away, I certainly wouldn't pay the silly money at which they are often advertised.

If you think Blood Rage sounds like your kind of game don't worry about not getting the KS esclusives, the retail version is great as it stands. If you like it and want more, then quality expansions are available at retail.

The game is great as it is, i mean, the base game, of course the expansions bring some extra flavor, but i don't feel you NEED them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Sánchez
msg tools
I don't have anything but the core game and the 5th player expansion, and i still enjoy the game and it feels complete. Looking right now for the mystics.

The only thing I don't like about missing those KS elements, is that I feel that Fenrir and the Giant should be at the core game box, they are important characters in the ragnarok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the base game, 5th player stuff, mystics and gods expansions and the game feels like there is nothing missing to it (in other words it feels very complete). Of course if i could get them i would take the exclusive KS figures but i dont feel any urgency to hunt them down. I feel like everything that NEEDS to be in the game is there. I like the mystics expansion more than the gods expansion, and the 5th player is almost a must have for my group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.