Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Puram
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
Let's meet up for games and coffee!
badge
Golden... As in Oldie! I'm new to the Portland area and looking for gamers to game with and new gaming groups to join! I'm 50+ and like most games but do have a special affinity for dry, cube pushing euros!
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have any expectations about how this game will play with just 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
I expect it will be great.

sauron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Robinson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would assume 2 players is the intended player count, as it feeds into War of the Ring, which is 2 player only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Eddy
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
I’m still working on my video review, but 2 players is actually my preferred player count. 3-5 is OK, but the way this game is designed, the 4 Nazgul feel like they are extensions of the same core, rather than a game like Fury of Dracula, where each character feels like the same entity.

2 players is completely manageable and feels like the intended way to play the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smales
United States
Rome
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Colonel Peter Gansevoort (1749 – 1812) Defender of Ft. Stanwix, Rome, N.Y., 1777
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread just made my day. Nothing like a good Cat vs Mouse game with a great themecool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feelnit would be perfect for 3 players. Half of the fun in a deduction game is to anlyze together
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Stapley
United States
Lyman
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked this game up in Bangkok. It's good with two, but I think would be better with three. It's a much larger load for one player than the other when playing with only two, whereas each person controlling two nazgul or Frodo should be about even and would be great fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
We played with 3 and it played great. The only slight issue was that my son tended to be a bit alpha-gamer over Mum, who occasionally got frustrated at being (correctly!) told her suggested move wouldn't achieve anything. To be fair, they needed his deductive abilities and experience; it was a close game and Mum was really only starting to 'get it' towards the end.

The cards and need to share dice did mean they had to discuss though, and Mum definitely did make some good moves on her own.

I think this will become less of an issue since a) it was the first time she played a hidden movement game b) she will probably prefer to play Frodo anyway.

I can see it working with 2 but the 4 Nazgul might be a lot to think about for casual players. I'm not sure my wife or daughter would want to control all 4 Nazgul on their own.

I think 4-5 will be very group dependent due to possible alpha gamer potential. But the Sorcery cards are important and separate for each player, so there will always be important option the alpha player can't know about. Might as well make sure the alpha has the 2 Nazgul if playing with 4; that might work OK.

I'm curious to try it with all 4 of us; we probably will soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.