Roger Bartels
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Suppose that with a battle command, a faction can remove 3 of the opponent's pieces. Can the executing faction elect to remove fewer than the full amount, 1 or 2 in the present case?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob S.
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The owner of the pieces makes the choices to remove them, not the opposing faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob S.
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And i should add: even with that, you remove what is required by the battle losses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Bartels
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I get that the owner makes the choice. My question regards the choice of eliminating fewer pieces than you possibly could. For example, the Averni can remove three pieces with a battle command. The Averni wants to remove only two of the Belgic allies to prevent the Belgic faction from winning, but not three allies because such a circumstance would lead to a Roman victory. Can the Averni player choose to remove two pieces instead of the three to which he is entitled?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see a mechanism for pulling your punch so to speak. I believe you must take the full losses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob S.
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemonpips wrote:
I get that the owner makes the choice. My question regards the choice of eliminating fewer pieces than you possibly could. For example, the Averni can remove three pieces with a battle command. The Averni wants to remove only two of the Belgic allies to prevent the Belgic faction from winning, but not three allies because such a circumstance would lead to a Roman victory. Can the Averni player choose to remove two pieces instead of the three to which he is entitled?

Whay are the Averni choosing how many Belgic allies to remove as a result of a battle? The Belgic player would make that distinction. And as Mark points out, the number of losses stipulated by the involved forces must be removed. You can’t decide to remove less.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Bartels
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Borz wrote:
Lemonpips wrote:

Whay are the Averni choosing how many Belgic allies to remove as a result of a battle? The Belgic player would make that distinction. And as Mark points out, the number of losses stipulated by the involved forces must be removed. You can’t decide to remove less.

Once again, I understand that the defender chooses which units to lose. My question was about the attacker choosing to cause fewer losses than he is able given the number of attacking pieces. I made mention of the allied pieces to provide context for why the attacker might not want to remove the full amount of pieces. It appears that I have an answer to my question. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O.Shane Balloun
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
www.cascadecon.games
badge
Cascade Games Convention: Bellingham, Washington's premier tabletop board game playing event
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemonpips wrote:
Suppose that with a battle command, a faction can remove 3 of the opponent's pieces. Can the executing faction elect to remove fewer than the full amount, 1 or 2 in the present case?

No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.