Popular Tags: [View All]
Sylvio Z
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If i have that spell that says i can destroy a monster after rolling the dices, it means i destroy it, ok, but i still have to complete the challenge beneath it?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Carroll
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the boxed text on page 17 of the manual, when you defeat a monster with a spell, you just flip it upside-down. I take that to mean you continue to ignore whatever it was covering.

(Now I think of it, does that mean the monster remains there facedown until someone completes the card as a whole? That would be pretty nifty.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Wenn ich die Zivilisation hinter mir lasse, fühle ich mich sicher (Heinrich Harrer)
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashamel wrote:
According to the boxed text on page 17 of the manual, when you defeat a monster with a spell, you just flip it upside-down. I take that to mean you continue to ignore whatever it was covering.

Correct

Ashamel wrote:
(Now I think of it, does that mean the monster remains there facedown until someone completes the card as a whole? That would be pretty nifty.)

The monster remains facedown on the task until the end of the current Resolution Phase. Please note that dice locked by the monster remain locked until the monster is removed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
May I ask a piggy back question? Defeat monsters go in discard pile or back into bag?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Carroll
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BIgLatinDude wrote:
May I ask a piggy back question? Defeat monsters go in discard pile or back into bag?

Most of them you keep, for their trophy value. When you spend them, they will then go back in the bag. A couple of monsters have different effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BIgLatinDude wrote:

There is no "discard pile". It's either a trophy belonging to a character, or back in the bag.

(That said, I use a house rule where there is a discard pile. That way you don't see the same monsters over and over again. I only put the discards back in the bag when there are no more monsters in the bag.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phill Webb
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nerman8r wrote:
That said, I use a house rule where there is a discard pile. That way you don't see the same monsters over and over again. I only put the discards back in the bag when there are no more monsters in the bag.

I have almost the same house rule.

My exception is the expansion or Ancient One specific ones go back in the bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Freeloading Phill wrote:
nerman8r wrote:
That said, I use a house rule where there is a discard pile. That way you don't see the same monsters over and over again. I only put the discards back in the bag when there are no more monsters in the bag.

I have almost the same house rule.

My exception is the expansion or Ancient One specific ones go back in the bag.

For those ones I might thin out the bag by pulling random monsters out before I start, to make sure the AO specific ones actually appear. With all the expansions, there's a lot of monsters!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Carroll
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nerman8r wrote:
For those ones I might thin out the bag by pulling random monsters out before I start, to make sure the AO specific ones actually appear. With all the expansions, there's a lot of monsters!

Yeah, I've started doing that too, if only because there will be less arctic predators running through the Miskatonic Museum. Also, for better or worse, to try to draw more of those mission monsters, which are cool but ever elusive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Wenn ich die Zivilisation hinter mir lasse, fühle ich mich sicher (Heinrich Harrer)
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashamel wrote:
nerman8r wrote:

Yeah, I've started doing that too, if only because there will be less arctic predators running through the Miskatonic Museum. Also, for better or worse, to try to draw more of those mission monsters, which are cool but ever elusive.

Best moment of my ES life: while working on Omens of the Pharaoh, keep pulling as starting equipment the Dog Sled from Omens of Ice... (almost as good as Silas spending Roadster to gain an extra Resolution in Alaska)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
Ashamel wrote:
nerman8r wrote:

Best moment of my ES life: while working on Omens of the Pharaoh, keep pulling as starting equipment the Dog Sled from Omens of Ice... (almost as good as Silas spending Roadster to gain an extra Resolution in Alaska)

Don't laugh, it works!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:

Those dogs would not do well in that heat!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nerman8r wrote:
Scarlet Witch wrote:

Those dogs would not do well in that heat!

Yeah, they kept pushing to enter the pyramids (poor puppies unaware of what's inside)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvio Z
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thank you all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.