Fallout» Forums » Rules

Subject: Selling starting items rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Barcus
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
So are you allowed to sell your starting items? (Vault Suit for vault dweller, Power Armor for brotherhood outcast).

If you sell them to vendor, which discard do they go into?

If you discard 2 junk, which lets you draw an item from a loot discard or an asset discard pile, would it let you be able to choose a vault suit or power armor that someone else sold to vendor earlier?

If no, how would you go about buying the vault suit or power armor back?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Carroll
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume you can sell them, which is why they have a cost listed.

I have been playing that they are then out of the game, but the issues you raise lead to some interesting situations that might be fun to allow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas DeBusk
United States
Princeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Comes with great responsibility.
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to do a shop action to sell an item. Seems like it would make the most sense if your starting items went into the shop discard when sold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
LittleNapolean wrote:
You have to do a shop action to sell an item. Seems like it would make the most sense if your starting items went into the shop discard when sold.

It would make the most sense if everything went into the shop discard when sold, but then your loot deck would slowly disappear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barcus
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Smoo wrote:
LittleNapolean wrote:

It would make the most sense if everything went into the shop discard when sold, but then your loot deck would slowly disappear.

Also that brings up another great question: does everything you sell go into the same sold discard or do the rules clearly state to put the items you sell in the appropriate discard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They go to the appropriate discard pile

I do think the junk card effect lets you take an item from ANY discard pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barcus
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Angelsenior wrote:
They go to the appropriate discard pile

I do think the junk card effect lets you take an item from ANY discard pile.

The junk card themselves do not say "any" discard pile or just 'the discard pile" it specifically states the asset or loot discard piles. That's why I'm confused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.