7 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Galactus - Cosmic Threat question. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaac Fonseca
msg tools
Hi,

If I reveal 4 tech cards (in my hand) Galactus gets -12, but due to another card effect I need to put 2 of them on the top of my deck before fight Galactus, in this case does Galactus still get -12?

Regards,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cosmic Threat is not part of attack/fight/defeat. You can choose to activate it, locking in the current value, then use recruit to gain a hero, or dodge all the reveal cards out of your hand, attack other enemies, etc before attacking Galactus.

I don't think you can activate Cosmic Threat while resolving Man Out Of Time forced plays, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sounds right to me:

Rules wrote:
Cosmic Threat: If an enemy has Cosmic Threat: Ranged, that means: "For each Ranged card you reveal, this Enemy gets -3 Attack this turn." (An asterisk next to an Enemy's Attack number is to remind you that their Attack can change. The asterisk doesn't mean anything else.)

Galactus' Cosmic Threat means "Once per turn, choose Strength, Instinct, Covert, Tech or Ranged. For each card of that color you reveal, this Enemy gets -3 Attack for one fight this turn." If you try to fight Galactus a second time in the same turn, he will return to his full attack and you cannot use his Cosmic Threat ability a second time that turn.

So it does appear to be a separate ability, triggered at any point (and only once) during your turn.

Welcome to the Legendary forums!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Santos
Portugal
Amadora
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yaverot wrote:
Cosmic Threat is not part of attack/fight/defeat. You can choose to activate it, locking in the current value, then use recruit to gain a hero, or dodge all the reveal cards out of your hand, attack other enemies, etc before attacking Galactus.

I don't think you can activate Cosmic Threat while resolving Man Out Of Time forced plays, though.

Concerning Man out of Time:
"You “played” a Man Out of Time card on both the first turn you played it and the second turn when you replayed it, so it can help activate your Superpower Abilities on both turns."

So I think they could help you in this case also
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Facsantos wrote:
yaverot wrote:

"You “played” a Man Out of Time card on both the first turn you played it and the second turn when you replayed it, so it can help activate your Superpower Abilities on both turns."

Once you play it on the second turn you discard it. It can activate super-powers for other cards later in your turn because you’ve already played it, but you can’t reveal cards from your discard pile so that it can’t help with Cosmic Threat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Fonseca
msg tools
Thanks guys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Santos
Portugal
Amadora
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dontfeedthegreen wrote:
Facsantos wrote:
yaverot wrote:

Once you play it on the second turn you discard it. It can activate super-powers for other cards later in your turn because you’ve already played it, but you can’t reveal cards from your discard pile so that it can’t help with Cosmic Threat.

Ops, indeed I forgot about that, they don't count for that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls