Jack Wilson
United States
California
flag msg tools
Question about scenario 2 what happens if all doors open with not enough living corpse to spawn Just saying if by chance all doors open and all of the other living corpse are still alive what happens if the last room opens since there are only 6 living corpse total and the scenario with all rooms open has a total of 10 living corpse for 3 to 4 players so what happens to the ones in the last 2 rooms when the bandit commander draws the special action that has him opening all doors?

Another question does any have any good strategy for winning scenario 2 I was playing 3 players game normal difficulty party using cragheart, scoundrel and spellweaver we lost are last game any helpful advice for complaining that scenario thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1 They do not spawn if there are not enough tokens. Spawn as many as possible.

2 Kill the boss as fast as you can (clear first room before entering boss room).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Brennan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Eternally
badge
Deluded
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as the rulebook goes, the maximum number of enemies on the board at any one time is dictated by the number of standees. If you don't have any more standees then enemies are simply not placed. This is intentional, and ensures combat against tougher enemies remains balanced.

When it comes to beating the scenario, I'd echo Marcus and say wail on the boss as quickly as you can! It might be worth waiting for him to reveal the chest and grabbing that before you land the killing blow, but given the fact that he keeps revealing rooms full of Living Corpses and also summons skellies while he's jumping about, every turn he's on the board is a turn you'll have to spend mopping up the mess he makes. Get in there and get rid of him ASAP! Luckily seeing as it's quite a small scenario room-wise you kind of know what you're getting so feel free to burn out those 'once per scenario' cards after the first couple of turns. It's better to kill him quick than try to outlast him.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, wail on him. You'll be surprised how quickly you can deal out 30 damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kessel
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I hit the same problem where I couldn't place enough Living Corpses. When it happened, I had one standee and 2 Living Corpses to place...one normal and one elite.

I couldn't find anything that gave a preference to which one got placed. Both were equi-distant from the nearest character, so that didn't work as a tie breaker.

Probably should have placed the elite , but I went with the "players decide in a tie" that's common in other cases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just a couple technical clarifications.
Monsters shown on the scenario map (such as the living corpses in question) do not "spawn", they are "revealed".
May seem like one in the same, but there are rules differences between "spawned" monsters vs. "revealed" monsters as well as vs. the third type of monster generation, "summoned monsters"
- "revealed" monsters drop a coin when they die, "spawned"/"summoned" monsters do not
- "revealed" monsters always take a turn on the round they are revealed, "summoned" monsters never take a turn on the round they are summoned, "spawned" monsters do not take a turn if they are spawned at the end of round, but would if they are spawned earlier in the round.
- if there are no empty hexes (no figures, tokens, or overlay tiles of any kind present except corridors, pressure plates, and open doors) adjacent to the summoner, then "summoned" monsters will not appear. "spawned" monsters will appear in their designated spawn point, or the nearest empty hex

Of course, if there are no standees of the designated monster left in the available pool, the monster will not appear, regardless of if it was to be "revealed", "spawned", or "summoned". And when a monster is killed, its standee returns to the available pool (which means it could possibly show up again later in the scenario).

Rbsk214 wrote:
when the bandit commander draws the special action that has him opening all doors?

The bandit commander only opens one door each time that special action card comes up, they don't all open at once. You probably knew that, I just like to overly clarify.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Brenner
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
ckessel wrote:
I hit the same problem where I couldn't place enough Living Corpses. When it happened, I had one standee and 2 Living Corpses to place...one normal and one elite.

I couldn't find anything that gave a preference to which one got placed. Both were equi-distant from the nearest character, so that didn't work as a tie breaker.

Probably should have placed the elite , but I went with the "players decide in a tie" that's common in other cases.

I have also run into this, and my logic follows this way: since Elites get preference in Initiative, they also get preference in Summoning. There's also this golden rule in co-op games that whenever there's ambiguity, it's usually ruled in favor of the game rather than the players since players have the advantage of all working together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kratz
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am fairly sure the first edition rulebook called out that elite monsters get preference for placing in that instance. I'm out, so can't confirm, but I'm almost positive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is my recollection as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.