Peter Baker
United Kingdom
Ferndown
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi all, as the title suggests, any idea how Power Through benefits Onar for the Legends of the Alliance campaign?

Seeing as no health is restored on rest, does Omar recover 2 damage back or does he recover 7 damage when using a me pack?

Seems a bit odd a core skill would be stripped away entirely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is stripped from the rules is the fact that when you rest, any extra "Endurance" would translate in recovering health.

Onar's ability says that, after you rest, you recover 2 health. This is completely different, so this doesn't change. Whenever Onar rest, he recovers 2 health. If medpac, he'll recover 7 damage, indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Baker
United Kingdom
Ferndown
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmb
The wordage is "When you rest, you recover 2 additional damage", my thoughts are the key word here is "additional" making me wonder if the initial rest action would need to have recovered some health to being with.

Thinking about a scenario when Onar would only recover strain in a rest action, I guess the 2 damage recovery would still apply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rest in the Rules Reference Guide says "When performing a rest, the hero recovers strains equal to his Endurance."

Onar's ability just says that, in addition to this, he also recovers 2 health. The word "Additional" is for this, because in addition to recovering strains equal to his endurance, he also recovers 2 damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
When Onar rests in the App, he recovers all strain and 2 damage. In conjunction he may recover 5 damage by discarding a medpak or Emergency Medpak.

Heroes certainly can recover damage in the app. Any ability that recovers damage recovers damage. They just don't recover damage when recovering strain.

Edit: maybe I said it better this way:
All abilities that recover damage still recover damage.

Rest doesn't recover damage because recovering strain doesn't recover damage.

When Onar rests, he recovers all strain and 2 damage. (The "additional" is there for clarity - so that you would not think that he can only recover 2 damage whenever he rests.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also note that in Imperial Assault (both base game and the app), the word 'additional' does not mean that you must already be getting something to apply it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.