Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Sheppard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I the only person wondering if a certain grumpy Elder is going to deliver us a print n play promo this year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Second in a one horse race
Scotland
Bloxham
Oxon
flag msg tools
Cardboard rocks. It's just not the same on iOS.
badge
F&%K YOU, DODGEBALL!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Moore
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
This user loves Easter eggs.
mbmbmbmbmb
We print and play them every year. And we only play the micro expansions during holidays and special occasions. My kids last talked me into using the rockets expansion during the July 1st - July 4th Holidays. Can't wait to see what's popping out this year. Maybe it will tie in to the new edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, I love them!

Only problem is they always drop so late that I'm rushing to get them printed at the local print shop before they close for the year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Blom
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Absolutely not! Rockets of celebration, gift from the elders and minions of the solstice get regular playtime in our party.
We are nowadays trying a variant where we don’t put roc or mots on the rounds track but did a blank techtile in the techbag, so nobody knows if and when they come out...

Is there an official channel where the release of the holiday special is announced or should we just keep checking the forum here on big?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sheppard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who knows!? We may not even get one this year. They have been busy working on the 2nd ed...

The others all have a page under expansions.

I'm surprised when people say they only play them during the holidays. I consider the rockets and minions to be essential for balance or helping the underdog. The Anticipation of the Elders is definitely a catch up mechanic and it'll see play in all my games.

Happy Holidays!
ZJ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NoName NoLastName
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming there will be one this Christmas, it'll show up in the list or recent threads for the base hand, right? Or where/how are they usually published first?

Fingers crossed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Blom
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The suspense is killing me.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it will be for new years eve?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Touko Tahkokallio
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sincere apologies! I have to confess we could not find time to do a proper Holiday special this year, even though we wanted to.. I hope the upcoming 2nd edition will make up for it (I'm pretty excited about it myself)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neko flying
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Touko wrote:
Sincere apologies! I have to confess we could not find time to do a proper Holiday special this year, even though we wanted to.. I hope the upcoming 2nd edition will make up for it (I'm pretty excited about it myself)!

Touko, my group and I are super excited about the 2nd edition! Thank you for your wonderful game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Moore
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
This user loves Easter eggs.
mbmbmbmbmb
Touko wrote:

Gotcha covered.

It's not official, and it's not even here yet. It's been delayed.

Eclipse Holiday Special 2017 (Unofficial)

Happy New Year everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.