21 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [Target] Sphero R2D2 and BB8 with Force Band $80 (70% off MSRP) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scohr Dark
msg tools
mb
Not a board game deal, but I figure there are enough Star Wars geeks here for significant interest.
Target still is running $25 off $100 of toys
plus 20% off all Star Wars
plus free Force Band with Sphero R2D2 and BB8

R2d2 was on sale already for $129.99,
after discounts comes out to $80 for the R2D2 and Force Bracelet (msrp $260)

Works for BB8 too I'd imagine, although the BB8 is not on sale

Out of stock online. The discounts weren't showing up in store but I showed them the online listing and they price adjusted.

EDIT: updated title to include BB8
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Target] Sphero R2D2 with Force Band $80 (70% off MSRP)
In case you're old, this explains a Star Wars Force Band.

R2D2 Link.
BB-8 Link (also on sale for $129.99?).

Don't pretend like you're not sorely tempted.

Edit: also appears to be sold out online. Some available at brick and mortar stores, but I'm not sure the force band bonus comes with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Rivera
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dude I hate/love you...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Cook
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
cunning stunt wrote:
Don't pretend like you're not sorely tempted.

This isn't the deal you are looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scohr wrote:
Not a board game deal, but I figure there are enough Star Wars geeks here for significant interest.

Out of stock online. The discounts weren't showing up in store but I showed them the online listing and they price adjusted.

I ran down to my local target, they had one bb8 left (and some force bands).

I grabbed it all for just over $80, so thank you! My son is going to love it for christmas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scohr Dark
msg tools
mb
JohnnyR wrote:
Scohr wrote:

I ran down to my local target, they had one bb8 left (and some force bands).

I grabbed it all for just over $80, so thank you! My son is going to love it for christmas.

No problem glad to help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We ended up getting one as part of the Chosen One board game chain of generosity on here thanks to supreme generosity on the part of a fellow BGGer.

Let me tell you, this thing is AWESOME.

Our six year old loves playing with it and controlling it, our 20 month old loves chasing it around. And when he catches it, the head falls off and he laughs and laughs and laughs.

For $80 this is a great deal. It even got my daughter into Star Wars - we had watched A New Hope (at her request) and she lasted about 20 minutes before being bored, but watching The Force Awakens "with" BB8 (yes, that's a thing!) and she watched the whole thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this! 2 Targets and I found one. Had to fight the manager, to get HIS manager, which gladly did it. They didn't want to give the 20% off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:
Thanks for this! 2 Targets and I found one. Had to fight the manager, to get HIS manager, which gladly did it. They didn't want to give the 20% off.

Why not? It's clearly listed on the item? I really loathe retail sometimes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When they scanned it, the discount wouldn't apply. They needed an override.

Btw, is the force band in the box or separate? I didn't get anything aeparate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scohr Dark
msg tools
mb
The band is separate. You have to pick both of them up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yuck. I'll have to go back to the store tomorrow...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyR wrote:

I worked in retail some time ago, and I'll never understand what makes certain retail employees intractable.

Today I had to go into Hobby Lobby to get some cake boxes, and they had a 40% off any regular priced item coupon. I also was picking up some picture frames, marked as "on sale" at 50% off (although that's a permanent sale). I knew I couldn't use the coupon for that though. I did find a really big set of letter decals that I was going to buy for my son's room that was marked $30, but in a section that said in big letters, "All items 50% off marked price" and in smaller letters "our price represents a savings against other retailers price which is what is listed". Which is sort of a complicated way of saying "Our price is $15, but other people sell it for $30 so we're going to sticker it at $30 and tell you to take half". So, not really a "sale item", per se, but an item at their regular price, which they have marked in such a way as to appear as a discount.

I ask to use the coupon, and the woman says "no, it's only on regular priced items". I said "Ok, I'll pass on it then." Of course, it was a giant poster sized item, so she gave me a look and in a somewhat nasty tone said, "What, now you don't want it? You expect to get 90% off?" And I said, "No, actually, I expect you to apply a 40% discount to your 'regular price', which is 50% off of whatever the sticker says, as your sign indicates, which in essence represents 70% off your competitors, but 40% off your regular price."

She got super pissy, and if it wasn't for the fact that my wife desperately needed the cake boxes to package up things that she was in the process of baking at that exact time, I'd have just walked out.

I'm sure if I had pushed the issue and gotten a manager, they would have awarded the price. Who knows, their POS might have even taken it - she wouldn't even attempt to process the coupon.

Why retail employees get so indignant and fight to keep savings from customers will never be something I understand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hestiansun wrote:
JohnnyR wrote:

I worked in retail some time ago, and I'll never understand what makes certain retail employees intractable.

Today I had to go into Hobby Lobby to get some cake boxes, and they had a 40% off any regular priced item coupon. I also was picking up some picture frames, marked as "on sale" at 50% off (although that's a permanent sale). I knew I couldn't use the coupon for that though. I did find a really big set of letter decals that I was going to buy for my son's room that was marked $30, but in a section that said in big letters, "All items 50% off marked price" and in smaller letters "our price represents a savings against other retailers price which is what is listed". Which is sort of a complicated way of saying "Our price is $15, but other people sell it for $30 so we're going to sticker it at $30 and tell you to take half". So, not really a "sale item", per se, but an item at their regular price, which they have marked in such a way as to appear as a discount.

I ask to use the coupon, and the woman says "no, it's only on regular priced items". I said "Ok, I'll pass on it then." Of course, it was a giant poster sized item, so she gave me a look and in a somewhat nasty tone said, "What, now you don't want it? You expect to get 90% off?" And I said, "No, actually, I expect you to apply a 40% discount to your 'regular price', which is 50% off of whatever the sticker says, as your sign indicates, which in essence represents 70% off your competitors, but 40% off your regular price."

She got super pissy, and if it wasn't for the fact that my wife desperately needed the cake boxes to package up things that she was in the process of baking at that exact time, I'd have just walked out.

I'm sure if I had pushed the issue and gotten a manager, they would have awarded the price. Who knows, their POS might have even taken it - she wouldn't even attempt to process the coupon.

Why retail employees get so indignant and fight to keep savings from customers will never be something I understand.

The funny thing is that when the manager's manager came down, he said, "This is what you had me come down for?" He knew it was ridiculous and obvious. The other manager was just being a pain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered this online. The $25 off $100 is over, but I got R2 and a force band for $103, With free shipping, which is still a pretty good price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S P
United States
Zionsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks for posting this. I already have a BB-8 unit but picked up the force band because I think my kids will have fun with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan G
United States
South Bend
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Awesome. Meijer has ground beef on sale. I can post in the board game section about it because enough people probably eat ground beef!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scohr Dark
msg tools
mb
Xynadn wrote:
Awesome. Meijer has ground beef on sale. I can post in the board game section about it because enough people probably eat ground beef!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Xynadn wrote:

Cheaper at Walmart... Try to at least make it an actual deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coel Williams
United States
Wichita Falls
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cormor321 wrote:
Xynadn wrote:

Cheaper at Walmart... Try to at least make it an actual deal.

Probably dyed at least 3 times to make it look fresh...I'll stick to the local butcher shop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xynadn wrote:

This might have had more traction before six different people posting saying that they greatly appreciated the post.

Let's not be pedantic now. Tis the season and all...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.