Lars Fotland
Taiwan
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Meow
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi
We played Antagonism a couple of times yesterday and encountered a few questions.

ATTACK
1) Can one pawn keep moving and attack multiple pawns during one move? If three L1 pawns are lined up, could one red L1 pawn potentially attack them all in one round?

WARP ZONES
2) Rules state only blue pawns can use warp zones. If a blue carrier carries two reds, can it still use it?
After watching the playthroughs, I believe I misunderstood the stacking rule. Only same-colored pawns can stack.
3) Can the pawn change direction after warp? The rules say pawns must move in a straigt line, so do they have to continue in the same direction after warping?
According to the King of the Hill video, yes.
Pawn can move in any direction after warping.

LEVEL
4) What's the strike force of a pawn with different colors? Rules say you can increase the strike force by stacking pawns of the same color, but it also says the carrier determines the range. So what level is a red-blue-red, red-red-blue, or red-blue-black?
After watching the playthroughs, I believe I misunderstood the stacking rule. Only same-colored pawns can stack.

Edit: think I found some answers after watching the playthroughs. Still not sure about multiple attacks? however. Any help on that would be appreciated
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Breugelmans
Belgium
Vorselaar
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I had the same issues ... but you can ask the designer directly by mail. There you will get your answer more quickly, I think.
I myself have to test it more to be sure if I understand the rules correctly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephane perriard
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Lars,

Q: 1) Can one pawn keep moving and attack multiple pawns during one move?
A: No, each L1 pawn can move/attack only once.

Q: If three L1 pawns are lined up, could one red L1 pawn potentially attack them all in one round?
A: No, but with a L3 pawn you can unstack the L1 pawn and attack up to two lined-up L1 pawns: With your L3 you attack the first opponent L1, and then you can unstack a L1 to attack the second opponent L1. To defend your unstacked L1 pawn from the last L1 opponent of the row, you can unstack another L1 from the L2(previously L3) and stack on the L1 pawn to have a new L2. Your opponent can now only commit a suicide attack with his L1.
Hope is clear, if you want I can draw you an example :-)

Q: Only same-colored pawns can stack.
A: YES

Q: Can the pawn change direction after warp?
A: YES

Don't esitate to contact me for any further questions meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Fotland
Taiwan
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Meow
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both for the replies!
Just one more question and we are ready to play again.. Back to the multiple attack example. A L3 attacks the first L1 in line, then the top L1 unstack and attack the second L1 in line. Can the top of the new L2 then unstack, pass it's friend and attack the 3rd L1 in line? (instead of defending as a new L2 like you suggest?) I assume yes, but want to be sure

Sorry for bad explanation, trying my best Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephane perriard
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Lars,

No, you cannot jump over another pawn! shake
cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Fotland
Taiwan
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Meow
mbmbmbmbmb
BigEyes wrote:
Hi Lars,

No, you cannot jump over another pawn! shake
cool

Oh, ok. I was thinking I could unstack the L2, stack the L1 and then unstack it again to get to the other side. So I cannot unstack a pawn I just stacked, is that correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephane perriard
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct!
A movement + attack/stack is already a full movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.