Lonny Vega
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
Like one takes one planet and the other takes the remainder? Our first time playing today, and my friends co-habitated two systems like that. I know that if there are two ships from two different factions in the same system they have to attack, but they coordinated one at a time with only one carrier in the system at a time dropping off ground forces.

I honestly thought this was not a legit play, but could not find anything to refute it in the manual then online, if a more experienced player would fill me in on whether this is a legal move I'd appreciate it, thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Frag
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It’s legal. Two different players can each have a planet in the same system. Their ships however cannot share the system, that would result in combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny Vega
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
afrag wrote:
It’s legal. Two different players can each have a planet in the same system. Their ships however cannot share the system, that would result in combat.

Crap alright, I will tell my group thanks for the information this helps, hate that I'm wrong but at least know it's legit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Robb
United States
Calais
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

So there is no control token placed in the system then? Would not the original player who got there first remain in control of the system?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
afrag wrote:

If one has ships and the other a dock there, the other can also not build ships (just GF), even if you have an "arrangement", ship presence counts as a blockade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drake
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
thomasrobb wrote:

So there is no control token placed in the system then? Would not the original player who got there first remain in control of the system?

One doesn’t “control systems” one only controls planets.

In TI3, one could “control a system,” but that meant controlling all planets (if any) in the hex with no enemy ships; if no planets, s player had to actively “control” space as well with a ship.

There are never control markers placed on entire systems, just individual planets. Controlling one planet does not automatically grant control of the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.