Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
http://cpc.cx/jEa Made in Savoie
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I wanted to ask about some rules clarifications. I played the game and had tremendous fun, there are just some points I wish to have clarified:

1- Shuffling between the rounds: At the end of a round, what do we do with the cards: just halven the pile without shuffling (like in tarot) or reshuffle them (like in schafkopf).

2- Distributing the cards: Is there a traditional way to distribute the cards? It is sometimes so that french traditional card games have a way in which the cards should be distributed that you need to know if you don't wanna embarrass yourself when you play with "serious players" (for example tarot cards are given 3 by 3, quinche is 2-2-1...etc ). Is there such a thing with Trut or does one only give 1-1-1 card?

3- Calling Trut: I can call Trut any moment. Let's say the oponent plays first. I decide to call Trut before playing my card. Does the oponent have to decide before I play my card or can he wait for me to play the card to decide to call or not on my Trut?

4- Special Card - The Wolf: Is the wolf power to win the trick or to have a value of 9? The second option would make him theoriticaly beatable. In the first option (wins the trick), how should one behave if the oponent plays a board: is the trick won by the wolf owner or patté?

5- Special Card - The Wyvern(?): I am not sure of the name animore and the game is in the guestroom where sb is still sleeping. It is a card of value 4 which gives -3 to all other cards. What is the advantage of this card over a simple card of value 7?

6- Special Card - The Eagle: Is there a way to beat the eagle? I can't think of much. The way I understand the rules:
- wolf lose against eagle
- boare patté eagle
- hare lose against eagle (though I am still not sure is the rerduction to 0 happen before or after increasing the hare value)
- the bat patté against the eagle (0v0)
- wyvern wins against eagle (0v-2 though I am not sure a card value can be negative. Does it win or does it patté ?)
- badger wins against eagle (same a wyvern: it patté on a 1 rie roll and wins on 2-6 assuming a card value can be negative).

7- Special Card - The Weasel:
I am not sure I understood how does rolling a 5 work. Could someone explain this?

8- 3 players rule - Patté: We had the following situation yesterday in a 3 player game: Player A wins the first trick. Second round: A plays 3, B plays 7, C plays 7. It is patté. Does A win the round or is the patté considered to be "between B &C"?

If anyone can help me clear that up I would be glad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kjetil Svendsen
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
My Secret Santa is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
1 – You shuffle the cards after each round.

2 – Deal the cards one by one.

3 – This version states that you can call Trut at any time during the round, but in other versions that I've seen you can only call Trut during your turn. I think I prefer the later. Either way, your opponents have to decide before you play your card.

4 – I think The Wolf is just a card with strength 9 (otherwise it wouldn't need to have a specific number), so it will normally win any trick.

5 – Trhulhu is better than a 7 since it is only the cards from your opponets team that has your value reduced by 3.

6 - It is only the value of the animal cards that are reduced to 0, so it will be beaten by the the cards with value 2 - 5. I would rule that the it's the printed value of the animal cards that are reduce to 0, so the hare would have chance to win if it does not draw an animal card. Not sure how to handle the negatives with Trhulhu though.

8 – A win. Since no one won the second trick it's not possible for B or C to do any better than A (they can at most get 1 trick, but A got the first trick).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
http://cpc.cx/jEa Made in Savoie
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.