Subject: What do you think is the hardest faction to win with? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Mesa
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
We were having a debate about this last night as we were introducing a new player to the game, so I wanted to see what everyone else thought.

Poll
What do you think is the hardest faction to win with?
26 de Julio
Directorio
The Syndicate
The Government
      77 answers
Poll created by Andy Mesa
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Leroux
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted for Government, but Directorio is tricky as well. You need to have everything lined up in your favor, but if you do, its usualy a blowout for them. If they can seize Havana, its over.

Now I think Government is the hardest. You need to crush the revolution early and score a quick victory, otherwise it becomes way too difficult to keep the revolution supressed and everything falls appart by game end through attrition... This is often the case with all COIN factions in my experience, especially in Colonial Twilight.

Debates like these are why I love these games so much, man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CalicoDave
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played a handful of times so I'm no expert. It seems, as Mathieu said, that the Government needs to win early otherwise it becomes very difficult for them. If they don't win early and the Syndicate is left alone the Syndicate will win fairly easily. Otherwise, if the Syndicate is stopped and the Government doesn't win early, then M26 wins. I have no clue how to win with the DR. I don't remember the DR ever winning in any of the few games I've played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Caetano

Setagaya
Tokyo
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Neurasth wrote:
This is often the case with all COIN factions in my experience, especially in Colonial Twilight.

For what is worth, that's not the case for the Government in Andean Abyss, in my limited experience. Unlike Cuba Libre, the government's situation tends to improve in the long run thanks to the capabilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.