Conan» Forums » Rules

Subject: line of sight for ranged attacks on Ships map? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oleksandr Ermolenko
Ukraine
flag msg tools
Hey guys!
Faced a misunderstanding of the line of sight for ranged attacks on the map with the ships, for example, in the second scenario, it turns out that the overlord archers can shoot almost any zone on Belit's ship, except those that are hidden from them by masts? In addition to the masts, as far as I understood, nothing blocks the visibility zone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been clarified by Monolith that the masts don't actually protect units in the mast spaces (despite the rules-as-written protecting them). The only units protected by the masts are those where an LOS line goes completely through the mast (i'm not even certain that there actually is such a case).

Yes, this is an annoying inconsistency. As written, anyone standing in a mast hex cannot be hit by ranged fire because the LOS dot is in the center of the mast (and therefore blocks LOS). One would think that that would have been caught and fixed during playtesting :/.

PS: correct, nothing else on the ship blocks LOS. e.g. the ballistae are purely decorative, and the various areas of the ships are all at the same elevation (unless your group decides otherwise).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sammy
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really? Well, life just got more difficult for BĂȘlit. I'll have to play that scenario again. I gather you need to try & kill the archers first or she won't last long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Artistix wrote:
Really? Well, life just got more difficult for BĂȘlit. I'll have to play that scenario again. I gather you need to try & kill the archers first or she won't last long.

Doesn't she have guards? They protect her if they are in the same zone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.