Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Hillery
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you use the Horniest Unicorn to "borrow" another player's unicorn, does that trigger that unicorn's "When entering your stable" effects?

What about when the unicorn returns to its owner's stable at the end of your turn? Do "When entering your stable" effects trigger again?

Last question: if you "borrow" a unicorn with "At the beginning of you turn" effects, do those effects trigger since Horniest Unicorn's effect happens at the beginning of your turn?

Logically, to me, all three questions should be answered "yes", but if so, Horniest Unicorn is a wildly disruptive card!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ji Atkinson
Australia
Waratah West
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Would like classification on this please

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Tomball
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ceej wrote:
When you use the Horniest Unicorn to "borrow" another player's unicorn, does that trigger that unicorn's "When entering your stable" effects?

What about when the unicorn returns to its owner's stable at the end of your turn? Do "When entering your stable" effects trigger again?

Last question: if you "borrow" a unicorn with "At the beginning of you turn" effects, do those effects trigger since Horniest Unicorn's effect happens at the beginning of your turn?

Logically, to me, all three questions should be answered "yes", but if so, Horniest Unicorn is a wildly disruptive card!

Based on the FAQ on the official website, the answer to all these is "yes":

Quote:
Can my Unicorn's effects be triggered again if it comes back into my Stable?
Any Magical Unicorn that has effects triggered when it enters a Stable will have those effects triggered every time it enters any player's Stable. If it is temporarily moved to another Stable, when the Magical Unicorn moves back into the original player's Stable, those effects are triggered again for that player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hillery
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thank you. The FAQ must have been recently updated; it didn't have any relevant answers when I posted the question. I'll go check out the new stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Maxfield
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ceej wrote:

I think yes to all except the last question, unless the horniest unicorn is also at the beginning of your turn ability, i don't have the card in front of me can i cannot remember. "At the beginning of your turn" is before you draw a card and play your action. It needs to be done before all else, so you wouldn't have played the horniest unicorn yet to get this ability, unless like previously stated that the horniest unicorn is "if this is in your stable at the beginning of your turn" ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Tomball
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zeta044 wrote:
I think yes to all except the last question, unless the horniest unicorn is also at the beginning of your turn ability, i don't have the card in front of me can i cannot remember. "At the beginning of your turn" is before you draw a card and play your action. It needs to be done before all else, so you wouldn't have played the horniest unicorn yet to get this ability, unless like previously stated that the horniest unicorn is "if this is in your stable at the beginning of your turn" ability.

I agree with Daniel. I read "at the beginning of your turn" to be just that...at the very beginning (before anything else). Anything there at "the beginning" gets it's action. But while you may move a Unicorn into your stable at the beginning of your turn, once it is moved it is no longer the beginning...it is "after" the beginning. Thus the newly present unicorn was NOT there at the beginning and does NOT trigger any "at the beginning of your turn" text.

By this I am not saying only one "at the beginning" Unicorn works, just that they must have been in your stable at the start of your turn (before you did anything).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.