Australia
Wynyard
TAS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

RtL query on Ettins ability: Throw

Can an Ettin apply "reach" when using "throw"?
I understand the ability states for "throw" that the monster chooses an adjacent hero, and "reach" doesn't apply any ruling to state that targets are now specifically adjacent if two spaces away. But in RtL the following dialogue appears:

I had recently only applied the ruling that only adjacent heroes were affected by "throw", as such reach not applicable. But the engaging of a hero within 5 spaces, taking into consideration Ettins speed, then the subsequent action is to apply "throw", then I'm thinking "reach" must apply? Is this correct?

Cheers,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sadgit
Germany
flag msg tools
Descent 2nd Edition Community Rules Reference Guide
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, reach is only relevant for attacks. However, an Ettin moving 3 spaces and expanding 1 space would end up adjacent to a hero who was within 5 spaces before the move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Gibson
Australia
Wynyard
TAS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Sadgit, that makes a lot more sense now. I was thrown off a bit by this, because it didn't feel right given the term adjacent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.