Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » General

Subject: Dear Flying Frog... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ralph Meleti
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mb
I really like your Shadows of Brimstone series games and the ongoing product support with new expansions...however I'm hoping secretly that one day you will launch a campaign book of some kind for this game, a narrative campaign to the likes of the great dungeon crawlers like Descent, Imperial Assault, where there is a sense of continuation of storyline between scenarios, official ones.

I like how you go bold and grand with your components. Though in the modern age, I personally prefer compact, smart and convenience (of space storage and to play). If you guys decide any other new games, I personally recommend you guys consider different card sizes such as American Mini, European Mini to make set up and storage of the game more economical and only use larger sized card formats only when you feel it is absolutely necessary for that fit comfortably fit in all the details.

Well that's me for now, looking forward to one day seeing a campaign book for this game, but until then I'll keep on admiring your continuous expansion releases.

A hopeful gamer...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Saricov
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too hope for a nerrative campagin, the hex crawl is amazing, but I cannot afford the time and money it will take to get it ready for play. Something in the lines Hex crawl, with a map, an overhanging large story that encompasses the whole setting and a place for the players to decide where to go and what to do, a rumer system that generates missions in the nearby villages (have you heard, a boy was kidnapped in the town down the road, and a mysterious noise is coming from the nearby mine shaft, we only have time to do one of them, which will it be?). A reputation system depending on your endeavors in the campaign that will make people look up to you (or loathe you) etc.

The development space is vast!

Regarding the card sizes, I don't mind that much, I actually thing that given the information they cram on each and every game piece, even the current size is really pushing it, and I can't see how it can be any smaller.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluid Karma
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Full support. A campaign book would really give great value to the system... Not another enemy pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fluidkarma wrote:
Full support. A campaign book would really give great value to the system... Not another enemy pack.

That, and skirmish game rules - something like Mordheim, but with dark stone instead of wyrdstone. Additionally, include monsters getting in the way of the competing players minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Have you listened to our YouTube Podcast "Die Nische" yet? :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Delivery for EU backers would be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beckikaze wrote:

This is really where I though the thread would start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beckikaze wrote:

It's been what, 4 years now? lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dante Alligiero
msg tools
The Boilerman wrote:
Beckikaze wrote:

This is really where I though the thread would start.

Yes, so a campaign is not the only thing I'm missing...

And:
I fully disagree initial comment regarding card size. Seriously, if you want clean, compact game, you better have to choose another game publisher than FFP, and, for information mini-size cards are not cards, there just piece of paper you can't shuffle, you can't made a pile on the table, you have no place for text on them, etc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ScottL
United States
Weare
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya, I really dislike mini-cards too. CMONs BloodRage had awesome minis but crappy little mini cards. Good thing I bought it mostly for the minis.

A campaign book would be awesome, but I can see this as being sort of difficult to pull off unless it was fairly generic to account for many people NOT having both core sets and the various assortment of expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to believe that FFP want to make a Campaign book eventually but they are probably stretched thin trying to complete Forbidden Fortress and provide support to their other games (like the announced, 2 upcoming Fortune and Glory expansions which I'm really excited about!). So, providing a campaign box would be something they might want to do but just not have the time for something like that right now. Like said above, it would be a lot of work to balance it so it worked with whatever configuration of content each person had. Otherwise, it would just be a series of missions strung together and at that point, the community can kind of do it themselves, like many have already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HexCrawl is your campaign answer.

Our group has made all the missions from every thing we own a card and at a town, we draw 3 cards to determine which missions are available next. It creates something of a narrative that still keeps things random and works for us.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Martin
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Use your minis from SoB to play Frostgrave or In Her Majesty's Name. =D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel U. Thibault
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly, www.flyingfrog.net hasn't been updated since...2012! The link to their web store is broken (stores.homestead.com/FlyingFrogProductions ; the current store is at flyingfrogproductions.mybigcommerce.com ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel U. Thibault
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Logus Vile wrote:
(like the announced, 2 upcoming Fortune and Glory expansions which I'm really excited about!)

Where did you see that? I can't find anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Urhixidur wrote:
Logus Vile wrote:
(like the announced, 2 upcoming Fortune and Glory expansions which I'm really excited about!)

Where did you see that? I can't find anything.

Here you go!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.