Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephan
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the sound of this.

I'm going to try it out next time I play.

Thanks for posting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Smith
Australia
flag msg tools
Celtic Joker wrote:
I really like the sound of this.

I'm going to try it out next time I play.

Thanks for posting.

You're welcome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried this last night solo with 2 heroes (Cleric and Barbarian), and it seemed a little too easy.
As I understand your rule, there is almost no way you can loose a battle against a General unless you attack them with only 4 or 5 cards between the two heroes.
At least in my (limited) experience, heroes are usually able to roll at least 10 dice when attacking a general, and when they loose the fight the General has only 1 or at most 2 wounds left. If the attacking heroes can then roll another 10 dice between them, the General has little to no chance of survival.

A tweak I implemented on the fly was this:
If the heroes use "phase 2 dice" to defeat a General, they do not draw cards as a reward.

Another idea might be to limit the extra dice rolled to the number of remaining actions the active hero has that turn.

Yet another idea might be to have the heroes suffer an automatic point of damage per additional die rolled in phase 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Smith
Australia
flag msg tools
Celtic Joker wrote:
I tried this last night solo with 2 heroes (Cleric and Barbarian), and it seemed a little too easy.
As I understand your rule, there is almost no way you can loose a battle against a General unless you attack them with only 4 or 5 cards between the two heroes.
At least in my (limited) experience, heroes are usually able to roll at least 10 dice when attacking a general, and when they loose the fight the General has only 1 or at most 2 wounds left. If the attacking heroes can then roll another 10 dice between them, the General has little to no chance of survival.

A tweak I implemented on the fly was this:
If the heroes use "phase 2 dice" to defeat a General, they do not draw cards as a reward.

Another idea might be to limit the extra dice rolled to the number of remaining actions the active hero has that turn.

Yet another idea might be to have the heroes suffer an automatic point of damage per additional die rolled in phase 2.

It results in a general dying early, but then it's still a balancing act of chasing the generals whilst looking after the land. Start with no hero cards. With two characters, and drawing only one hero card, it works for me. I even lost with four, due to bad rolls.

I originally did it with available "actions", but it's too annoying trying to set the heroes up (and then the general moves).

You could make it so that only the active player can commit wounds (thereby only adding about 5).

Either way, it's easier for me to tweak backwards from here (to get the odds to about 50%), rather than to stick with the original rules.

Lord Vileheart helps, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so you are playing the game at increased difficulty. That makes sense then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Smith
Australia
flag msg tools
Celtic Joker wrote:
Ok, so you are playing the game at increased difficulty. That makes sense then.

I was playing it as per the original post. But it can be tweaked easily if someone finds it too easy. I still found it fine with normal rules (plus "Phase 2" attacks for all heroes involved).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.