Subject: Visitor cards gray glasses? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paulus Borgia
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For some visitor cards, a gray glass icon is used. Does this mean red or white only are valid? The symbol is not the same as blush or sparkling. Could one of those be used instead of a red or white?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Dionne
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulusBorgia wrote:
For some visitor cards, a gray glass icon is used. Does this mean red or white only are valid? The symbol is not the same as blush or sparkling. Could one of those be used instead of a red or white?

I am pretty sure that the gray glass symbol is used to represent any wine. Now, if a card let you get a level 1 wine then you'd have to pick a red or white since blush or sparkling wines cannot be below a certain level. However, if a card let you discard a wine of value 4 or greater to get VPs, you could pick a level 7 sparkling if you wanted, it just wouldn't be as efficient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulus Borgia
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes sense to me too, especially as I see no visitor cards (so far) that specify blush or sparkling, which would make that distinction effective. Agreed too that it would be inefficient to use blush or sparkling for most visitor stipulations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Charles is correct. A grey wine token (similar to a gray card icon) means "any wine token".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.