Popular Tags: [View All]
Spyridon Mpakas
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,
In the official faq is mentioned that in 2-3 player games the rusviet faction should not be allowed to use the industrial mat....Which mat is that exactly? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Soares
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All the mats have their name printed on the box where you have your starting objectives, popularity and money.

Industrial is mat #1 if I'm not wrong.

Edit:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify, Rusviet should never be allowed to use the Industrial mat. Also, in 2-3 player games, we recommend that Rusviet cannot use their faction ability on Factory cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve G
United States
West Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious but any thought about retconning Rusviet to a new ability rather than needing so many restrictions on them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I don't think Rusviet's ability is inherently broken. I just think it's overpowered in very specific situations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob M.
United States
College Park,
Maryland
flag msg tools
Its Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
mbmbmbmbmb
varagghoul wrote:
Hi guys,
In the official faq is mentioned that in 2-3 player games the rusviet faction should not be allowed to use the industrial mat....Which mat is that exactly? Thanks

Hah! Just played a game last night where everyone found Rusviet overwhelming. They maxed workers in a few turns then crushed on production. He had the variable objective card that said if have Factory Card with no upgrades get a star. Sooo... by turn 5 or 6 he had 2 stars and the Factory Card that allows production for cost of a coin and a card. He scooted his leader around to take most of the encounters and when the leader lost a fight he played zilch so was granted a card - which he could use to produce.

Our challenge was that with Black, Blue and White in play only one player could cross the river to try and threaten his huge pile of resources. With only a little bit of effort he raised his popularity enough that he was getting 1 victory point for each production.

I think we will expand the FAQ to prevent it in 4 player games as well. Probably would have gone differently if Yellow was in play, Yellow can cross the river into his home turf as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob: Rusviet should never be allowed to use the Industrial mat. Also, in 2-3 player games, we recommend that Rusviet cannot use their faction ability on Factory cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo de Paula
Brazil
Sete Lagoas
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
jameystegmaier wrote:
Rob: Rusviet should never be allowed to use the Industrial mat. Also, in 2-3 player games, we recommend that Rusviet cannot use their faction ability on Factory cards.

Jamey, your game is fantastic! My group always plays and is our favorite game. However, we are sure that Rusviet is stronger and even we removed from the game in order to avoid unbalance. One suggestion: authorize on the official website that Rusviet's ability to repeat actions is limited to only one of the player's choice sections. The section would receive a mark (the extra encounter token, for example). It would not be a mandatory rule, but only an authorization. We are sure that this will be positive. Sorry for my bad English. A big hug.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leonardo: Sure, it's listed as an official variant on our website, and it's also printed in the rulebook for The Wind Gambit: https://stonemaiergames.com/games/scythe/faq-scythe/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo de Paula
Brazil
Sete Lagoas
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
jameystegmaier wrote:
Leonardo: Sure, it's listed as an official variant on our website, and it's also printed in the rulebook for The Wind Gambit: https://stonemaiergames.com/games/scythe/faq-scythe/

Thank you very much, Jamey. However, I am suggesting a new variant for Rusviet, in which only one section (not all four) may have repeat actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh I see. Yeah, I'd prefer to stick with the official variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolster IEM
Antarctica
Connecticut
msg tools
mb
When Rus has their Township Mech out, character in the factory, but nobody occupying any towns, upon selecting the move option, can Rus move someone into a town and then move their character out of factory into said town now that it's occupied?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
seleCT wrote:
When Rus has their Township Mech out, character in the factory, but nobody occupying any towns, upon selecting the move option, can Rus move someone into a town and then move their character out of factory into said town now that it's occupied?

Yup. That’s how to work it, man. Also, good to remember that little tenique for Albion (they have some sneaky sneaky teleporting moviements) which can be exploited when gathering groups for a battle. /tangent
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.