Subject: What happens when supply deck runs out? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alvin
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
This might happen especially when using characters that allow you to draw from the supply deck as an action. Wasn't able to find it in the rules reference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't draw any more Supply cards:

RRG - Component Limitations wrote:
• If players run out of a card type, additional cards of that type
cannot be drawn or used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems hard to pull of though. Then again, I use all expansions so there are more cards...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have supply cards from all expansions (26 supply cards), it can practically happen with Smuggler's Luck (Jyn) or R5 Astromech, and Stockpile (Ko-Tun) used for each draw, MHD-19 using both Medical Loadout and Combat Override a lot, then Stockpile used on the supply cards from crates.

The more of these you have, the more probable, but knowing the limit lets you take it into consideration and adjust your choices accordingly, i.e. not use Stockpile unless you are fishing for specific cards.

Practically though, you should not run out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Voss
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
Also, many effects tell you to shuffle excess supply cards back into the supply deck, making it harder to run out. This includes Stockpile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
Ishield wrote:
This might happen especially when using characters that allow you to draw from the supply deck as an action. Wasn't able to find it in the rules reference.

Lets see what it takes to do that.

MHD can remove all the Medical and Explosive Cards. Jyn can draw an extra card per crate as can the Astromech.

IIRC all the other effects like stockpile do not increase depletion of the supply deck.

Supply cards consist
Core Set (Jyn)

Adrenal Stim (x2)
Bacta Infusion (x2)
Emergency Medpac (x2)

Shock Grenade (x2)
C1 Comlink
C22 Frag Grenade
Troop Data
Valuable Goods

Return to Hoth (MHD)

Artificial Stimulants
Grappling Hooks
Power Generator
Weapon Cache

Bold are Medical, Italic are explosive.

So you need MHD to have seven activations (to get all the Medical items at 1 per turn plus the three explosives) before Jyn and the Astromech start picking up crates on a map with at least 3 crates. And the Imperials can't have already won before Jyn collects the third crate.

You also need not to have the following:

Twin Shadows
Chance Cubes
Macrobinoculars

Bespin Gambit
Turbocharger
Flash Emitter

Jabba's Realm
Flash Bomb
Painkillers
Pit Droid

Heart of the Empire
Shield Pack
Grappler Arm
Supply Chest

Which push that up in total to needing five crates after 8 Activations from MHD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mak can also draw one supply card by depleting Supply Network.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
Mak can also draw one supply card by depleting Supply Network.

Which lowers the only Core and Hoth total. But not the everything one due to there being two cards over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.