Recommend
8 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Gaia Project» Forums » General

Subject: Gaia Project Setup Randomizer (GPrandomizer) available for download @BGG rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
K O
msg tools
UPDATE Webapp available made by user sopra: https://sopra.github.io/GPRandomizer/
UPDATE v1.5: Added random faction selection

Link to file page:
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/157134/gaia-project-setup...

A simple one-click setup randomizer solution for Gaia Project.

ZIP file contains:
1. Source script: GPrandomizer.py
2. Windows executable: GPrandomizer.exe
3. MacOS X executable: GPrandomizer.app
4. Linux executable: GPrandomizer
5. Folder "pic" containing the images of the tiles

Description:
Just double-click on the appropriate executable for your operating system.

The program makes a HTML file and opens it in the browser.
Script/executable must reside in the same folder as the folder "pic" to work properly.

Have fun

12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tatu
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My Avast anti-virus says there is a virus in this file. Win32:Malware-gen
I don't know if this is a false alarm or not.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Anything executable that is unknown to an anti-virus program that is not created by yourself is extremely likely to be marked as a virus.

Author could also post his program to the anti-virus companies.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K O
msg tools
david_tatu wrote:
My Avast anti-virus says there is a virus in this file. Win32:Malware-gen
I don't know if this is a false alarm or not.


False poisitve alarms for homebrewed software are a big issue, especially for small software companies. Here is a blog entry regarding this problem if you are interessted about the topic:
http://blog.nirsoft.net/2009/05/17/antivirus-companies-cause...

Anyway, if you don't trust the shipped executable you can examine the script and run it with python or make your owen executable

In the end the only options are to put a lot of work into getting your software unflaged by anti-virus companies or to buy licenses for several hundred dollars, so none that I am willing to pursue.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Temirlan Tattybekov
Kazakhstan
Semey
VKO
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for making this: we always use it in our 2p duels with fiance and it allows us to avoid any kind of "making the game more favorable" type of thing. If it isn't too hard, is there a way for it to also show 4 random factions for auctions as well, since it is the hardest and the most tedious part to randomize without double-sided faction tokens.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K O
msg tools
KawaiiSocks wrote:
Thanks for making this: we always use it in our 2p duels with fiance and it allows us to avoid any kind of "making the game more favorable" type of thing. If it isn't too hard, is there a way for it to also show 4 random factions for auctions as well, since it is the hardest and the most tedious part to randomize without double-sided faction tokens.


Thank you for your feedback!
Adding Factions wont be hard, maybe on the next weekends I will find time to implement it
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steinar Nerhus
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this, we are using it every time now

I was wondering: how do you generate exe-files from python? I have been using python a lot for making simple scripts, but I always just ran them from the terminal. A quick google gave me py2exe, but I was wondering what you are using? Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K O
msg tools
Stones wrote:
Thanks for this, we are using it every time now

I was wondering: how do you generate exe-files from python? I have been using python a lot for making simple scripts, but I always just ran them from the terminal. A quick google gave me py2exe, but I was wondering what you are using? Thanks


I used pyinstaller on linux in combination with wine for the windows executables and virtualbox with a virtual macosx machine for the macos executable.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K O
msg tools
UPDATE v1.5: Added random faction selection
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K O
msg tools
UPDATE Webapp available made by user sopra: https://sopra.github.io/GPRandomizer/
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.