Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Game of Thrones: The Iron Throne» Forums » General

Subject: Can supporters use cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Doherty
msg tools
HI,

Apologies if this has been answered. Are players supporting an attack or defence allowed to play any cards from their hands before during or after the battle is resolved?


Cheers
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmb
Yes, the character card for the supporting character, per the card's instructions.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Doherty
msg tools
Renaud Verlaque wrote:
Yes, the character card for the supporting character, per the card's instructions.


what about cards in their hands?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmb
Hum, the character card of the supporting character has to be in the supporting player’s hand in order to be played. What other cards in hand are you thinking about?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Doherty
msg tools
Renaud Verlaque wrote:
Hum, the character card of the supporting character has to be in the supporting player’s hand in order to be played. What other cards in hand are you thinking about?


ahh I see the only card a supporting player can use is the character card (if they have it) nothing else.

Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Lyons wrote:
ahh I see the only card a supporting player can use is the character card (if they have it) nothing else.


Correct - supporting players can play the Character card for the character they are supporting with, or their leader's character card. Provided they meet the criteria for playing the card e.g. must be active player, or played at a certain time.

They cannot play numbered Hostility cards, or Truce cards. Only the Active players place those down for the encounter.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmb
I must say I had not realized (or remembered) that a supporting player can play her leader’s character card when another character of hers is supporting one of the active characters...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Renaud Verlaque wrote:
I must say I had not realized (or remembered) that a supporting player can play her leader’s character card when another character of hers is supporting one of the active characters...


Yeah, TBH I had to check myself - I typed it into the post then decided best to be sure I'm not spreading misinformation and checked the rules. There's nothing in there saying you cannot - and the rules saying when you can use it don't exclude being a supporting player.

So my conclusion is that they can. Providing other conditions are met of course.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.