Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally got to play Confrontations today. My team won, but the game was very un-fun for me because one of our enemies got Strife quite early.

This is a villain who costs 6. When you play her you draw 2 extra cards in your next hand, and as an attack you choose an enemy who must confront on their turn.

I was already behind a bit because of using Zatanna to set up my teammate, and some poor luck in cards coming out. Then I basically had 4 or 5 of my turns skipped over the course of the game. Blech.

I have nothing wrong with some take-that, but this card is just ridiculously un-fun to play against.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Nelson Jr.
United States
Cumberland
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's a neat card.

Sure, it can be a powerful effect... but maybe they were going to confront anyway. Plus it costs 6 (so you passed up another powerful card to buy it), and does nothing for you on the turn you play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Yamaguchi
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like the game caused you some strife.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it. I find that there are many powerful cards in this game. One opponent once complained that a card was overpowered, then another card was, and another. I pointed out that if lots of cards are overpowered, that evens it all out and none of them are!

There are cards that can beat Strife. There are frustrating times when 6+ cards come up and you get 5 power each turn. Assist cards are a brilliant mechanic, but you can weaken your next hand by powering up your team-mate's current hand. I have been both frustrated and rewarded by this game (and all the other DC Super heroes games, and Street Fighter, and the Lord of the Rings, but I find Teen Titans Go! to be a little too complicated for my young 61-year-old brain).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that I never made any comment on the power level of Strife. Hell, I even pointed out that my team won the game.

I said it was unfun to play against, and I maintain that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
I imagine it is unfun to play against when it comes up early, like you said. Hopefully, next time it will turn up later - the Confrontation main deck is big enough that you might not see it at all in your next game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Nelson Jr.
United States
Cumberland
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephanie Baynes wrote:
I imagine it is unfun to play against when it comes up early, like you said. Hopefully, next time it will turn up later - the Confrontation main deck is big enough that you might not see it at all in your next game!

You could always shuffle it into the bottom half of the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephanie Baynes wrote:
I imagine it is unfun to play against when it comes up early, like you said.

Sounds like Psycho Pirate (Crisis1).
Costs 5 and has "Attack: Each foe reveals his hand and discards cards until his hand contains no duplicate cards."

You mean I get to keep ONE whole Punch AND a Vulnerability!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget (as we did) that your teammate can play Defense cards on your behalf. That helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.