Daniel
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just started to play the game and won the first chapter at the first try.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The rulecard told us

a)to gain a benefit, you can choose to take one card for one character or discard one card from one character
b) we can use this benefit only once, if we loose the second chapter we don't get this benefit anymore
c) the next player in the row begins the second chapter

so this means like in our case, if the next player has the monster in his hand, we have lost automatically the next chapter right? and if we lose the next chapter we aren't allowed to gain the benefit. However it isn't really a benefit for us because we loose automatically on the first turn of the second chapter? Am I right with this?


Another question which came up:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
What does the bumerang do? Is it just a bad card that maybe blocks the turn of one character?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maximiliano Sanchez de Bustamante
Argentina
Olivos
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LosNossos wrote:

Another question which came up:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
What does the bumerang do? Is it just a bad card that maybe blocks the turn of one character?


Spoiler (click to reveal)
It's an annoying card. Clog your hand, making impossible to be with zero cards to draw a new one from the deck.
Could be helpful sometimes if you have another card and its effect could bring the monster and lose the game. In that case having the boomerang just gives you some time to deal with the monster.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Kuiper
Netherlands
Bontebok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LosNossos wrote:
We just started to play the game and won the first chapter at the first try.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The rulecard told us

a)to gain a benefit, you can choose to take one card for one character or discard one card from one character
b) we can use this benefit only once, if we loose the second chapter we don't get this benefit anymore
c) the next player in the row begins the second chapter


I have the Dutch version which practically says this:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
a) To gain a benefit choose a player who discards one of his/her cards OR take one card from the discard pile and give it to one of the 4 players.
b) same
c) The player left of the monster begins the second chapter


That's quite a difference! There could still rise a problem depending if you're playing counter-clockwise though whistle

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Next Game Please
England
Frome
Somerset
flag msg tools
Find a Friend
badge
Next Game Please
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it intended to be like that?

Card 34 (64 Ch 3 is the same) says - after re-setting deck - you draw 3 cards add the Monster and decide how you want the cards distributed.

Knowing this, you can now plan your first 3 discards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Menaz wrote:

I have the Dutch version which practically says this:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
a) To gain a benefit choose a player who discards one of his/her cards OR take one card from the discard pile and give it to one of the 4 players.
b) same
c) The player left of the monster begins the second chapter




Spoiler (click to reveal)
Regarding your quote of the Dutch rules for c)
That sentence describes the alternative game start when you lose, NOT the beginning of the second chapter!

When you begin the second chapter, you simply continue the game with the action of the next Pursued Character in turn order!


Henning
(2F-Spiele)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.