Popular Tags: [View All]
robert tunstall
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know where there are pictures of the 2nd edition ANZAC sculpts?

I would like to see if it is worth getting the 2nd ed. for the new pieces.

I prefer the first edition map over the 2nd, so I would just using the rules and new/extra pieces.

Thanks.
Robert

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Midnight Reaper
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I want (to play) them all, and I want (to play) them now!
badge
Let Him Beware!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you visit HistoricalBoardGaming.com, they have a product page that is just for the ANZAC pieces from A&A Pacific 1940, Second Edition:
http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/ANZAC_c_247.html

You may have to click to the next page to see them all, but that website should show you just what they look like. They are pictured individually, so you won't be able to see them for scale, but that's the fastest one I could find.

I hope you find what you seek.

-M_R

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert tunstall
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, didn't know how HBG worked. If they just sold parts or created their own sculpts like Xeno had done.

Will hop over and see if a 2nd edition is worth it to buy due to new sculpts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Midnight Reaper
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Let Him Beware!
mbmbmbmbmb
robert t wrote:
Thanks, didn't know how HBG worked. If they just sold parts or created their own sculpts like Xeno had done.

They do both. They started out as more of a parts reseller and have expanded into being a bits maker, a new sculpt maker, and even a new game maker (new games are based off of Axis & Allies system). I have bought from them in the past and been happy with my purchases.

-M_R

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert tunstall
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I tried a order and added just the Pac. 2nd board.
Total cost of parts was around $22 US.
The shipping came in at $27 US. ($18 without the board)
Exchange brought it in at $65 CDN.
New copy of Pac. 2nd is $85 CDN.
I think I'll keep an eye out for a used copy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Midnight Reaper
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Let Him Beware!
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand what you're saying in regards to "might as well buy a second copy for all it would cost me to pay only for what I want".

I did find a good picture of the ANZAC units together, with the units from the other powers. The picture is from the website for a company in Germany (so don't think too long about ordering parts from there) but the picture does show all the parts, and since they're lined up with the other powers, you can compare sizes as well.

https://www.stratak.com/epages/63269889.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath...

Picture at the top of that page shows, from left to right: ANZAC forces, miscellaneous bits and bobs (stacking chips, dice, Chinese infantry, etc...), Germany, France, UK, Italy, Japan, Soviets, USA. From top to bottom on the country-specific columns: left Carrier, right Battleship; left Destroyer, right Cruiser; left Transport, right Submarine; Strategic Bomber; Tactical Bomber; Fighter; AA Gun; Infantry; Artillery; Mechanized Infantry; Tank; Control Marker.

My 2 .

-M_R

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.