Subject: White Lion Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Austin Polebitski
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Two quick questions:

We had injured the white lion so that when it moved if you rolled a 1 it would get knockdown. When the Grasp card came from the AI deck, after it did the first damage but before grab it says to full move lion away from threats. Do we roll for the ruptured tendon here? We assumed yes

When lion is in ground play, if a survivor goes into the zone of death but does not attack and instead activates an item, like screaming antelope helmet, can the survivor still use dodge?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Chaves
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
1) Correct

2) I believe correct. Dodge should be usable on any attack as long as the survivor is not barred from spending survival for some reason. Activating an item does not bar you from spending survival to my knowledge.

Note that some things a monster does can deal damage without being an attack. These cannot be dodged to my understanding. For example, the adjacenct effect of the Butcher's Wild Carve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, damage that doesn't involve an attack profile is not something you can dodge, block, or usually interact with in a meaningful way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.