Subject: 2 cards in discard, 0 in hand - how does this play out? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin

St Louis Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mb
We played our first game last night - loved it. But towards the end of the scenario this situation played out with two of our players at the same time, and I'm wondering exactly how it should play out, and if we did it correctly.

On their previous turn a player used their last two cards - placing them in the discard pile. They had no more cards in their hand. According to the rules they still meet the prereq for doing a long rest (2 or more cards in discard). But during the long rest you have to discard on of them. So does that mean during the next round, they'll only have one card/action in their hand?

Can you take a turn with only a single card?

Were they immediatly exhausted once they discarded their last two cards?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trond Roaas
Norway
Kongsberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the player has two cards in the discards and no cards in their hand, they can do a long rest. The next turn, however, after the long rest, they will be exhausted. See the FAQ:
The FAQ wrote:
If I have zero cards in my hand and two cards in my discard, can I still long rest even though I will become exhausted at the beginning of the next round?
Absolutely. You can stick around for one more round as a meat shield.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin

St Louis Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mb
Hah. Meat shield...

Well, that's how we played it, so I guess we did it correct.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
what's really fun is when the only remaining character(s) are long-resting, soon-to-exhaust meat shields, and in that final turn, the last remaining monster(s) die due to their Wounds (or self-damaging abilities, or being forced to walk into a trap/hazardous-terrain due to the focus/movement rules)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konata
United States
Sedalia
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this reminder! It was actually the difference between winning and losing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Marney
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep! I've won a scenario this way with retaliation damage, while the character was taking his very last long rest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.