Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alastair Cornish
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you examine your discard pile? Thanks.

Also can you count remaining cards in draw decks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berger
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Jigsaw
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, your discard pile is public knowledge, as are your Reserves unless playing with the optional hidden Reserve rule.

You or your opponent may count the remaining cards in your draw pile, just be careful not to mix them up. I think the Vassal module shows you how many you have automatically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Schneider
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
Yes I've been sort of wondering if it is a good idea to allow examination of the opponents discard pile as wouldn't this make it somewhat easier to Pillage since you could check his discards for a city you could Pillage (in the targeted area) and then choose that city safe in the knowledge that he cannot at least play the location to block said Pillage attempt. Seems a bit too omniscient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berger
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Jigsaw
mbmbmbmbmb
Since your opponent must show you which cards are played, and what they're being used for, playing with a hidden discard would turn things into a memory excercise which doesn't interest me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.