tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each scenario typically has a goal for the heroes and a different goal for the overlord. I haven't played the new core box campaign (I got it with the old campaign), but generally speaking, just surviving isn't the goal, you have distinct objectives you have to carry out to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Threadgill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Montag451 wrote:
Each scenario typically has a goal for the heroes and a different goal for the overlord. I haven't played the new core box campaign (I got it with the old campaign), but generally speaking, just surviving isn't the goal, you have distinct objectives you have to carry out to win.

You can buy Heirs of Blood - the campaign that comes with the later printings of Descent 2e - as a separate campaign book, and it's worth it if you are looking for more content. It only requires the core set, but it tells a more involved and interesting story than The Shadow Rune campaign, and also does a better job varying up the styles of questing, giving the heroes and overlord alike different things to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lopresti
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks so much.

I forgot to mention we would be playing coop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Martin
United States
Ellicott City
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TomandJonna wrote:
Thanks so much.

I forgot to mention we would be playing coop.

Using the Road to Legends (RtL) app, you will have different options depending on 1) which physical expansions you own,and 2) which RtL expansions you purchase. Some are campaigns with a story linking each encounter together. Some are traditional "horde mode" where you just survive wave after wave. The encounters within campaigns typically have objectives like "find and kill the boss" or "get the thing."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lopresti
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for your help everyone.

We appreciate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.