Hide
7 Posts

Fallout» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some questions on the rules (no spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebbe Sebbe
msg tools
Hey I have some questions about the rules, perhaps someone can help figure them out:

1. Are you allowed to score for two identical agenda cards?
For example the "Freedom" agenda card gives you one influence and then +1 extra influence for each step the faction with the shield symbol has advanced past the faction with the star symbol.
So if shield-faction is at step3 in the progress ladder and star-faction is at step1, I get +2 extra influence.
So if I then have three of these "Freedom" agenda cards, do I then have 9 influence points in my hand? Or am I only allowed to score for one of them or just the base +1 influence for all and +2 extra for one of them?

Enemy activation:
If an enemy with the "aggressive" ability moves into my space does it attack on that same turn or does it attack when my turn starts?

Playing as the Ghoul:
If I get into a fight with an enemy that has the "radiation" ability. Does the physical damage dealt and radiation damage dealt, apply at the same time basically cancelling each other out since the Ghoul heals on radiation damage?

At the start of the game, are all players allowed to start on the same space? Since some spaces are closer to the next tiles it seems unfair this wouldn't be the case.

Can you take two camp actions on your turn?

If you level up and get to choose a perk, are you allowed to choose a perk that you have already used before?

Do factions attack each other? And do they attack/get attacked by Wasteland creatures?

The character that starts with the Power armor and that can only move 1 point per move action unless one caps is payed, can I sell the Power armor or discard it?

If I already have a "villainized" trait and get another one, does that make me "idolized"? It seems strange but the rules seem to say that you should flip it over if you get the same trait twice.

Some companions in the shop has the "idolized" trait icon on their cost. Does that mean that they are free if you have the "idolized" trait or do you have to discard the "idolized" trait as a cost to get the companion?

11. During enemy activation:
When an enemy moves towards a player and there is unexplored tiles between them, the enemy treats one unexplored tiles as one space. But what happens if I then on my turn choose to explore that tile. In what space of that tile do I place the enemy that was on top of it? At the space closest to the player it was moving towards?

12. Are there no other penalties to dying than loosing your inventory and being moved to the starting tile? I really get to keep all my equipped armor, companion, weapon, all XP and levels, agenda cards and perks and get full HP?

13. During enemy activation: Does a enemy without "range" ability attack even if they had to move into my space first?

14. During enemy activation: If an enemy attack me and no one dies. Does the enemy move if they haven't already moved?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Michael Bridge
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Seb123123 wrote:
Hey I have some questions about the rules, perhaps someone can help figure them out:

For example the "Freedom" agenda card gives you one influence and then +1 extra influence for each step the faction with the shield symbol has advanced past the faction with the star symbol.
So if shield-faction is at step3 in the progress ladder and star-faction is at step1, I get +2 extra influence.
So if I then have three of these "Freedom" agenda cards, do I then have 9 influence points in my hand? Or am I only allowed to score for one of them or just the base +1 influence for all and +2 extra for one of them?

Enemy activation:
If an enemy with the "aggressive" ability moves into my space does it attack on that same turn or does it attack when my turn starts?

Playing as the Ghoul:
If I get into a fight with an enemy that has the "radiation" ability. Does the physical damage dealt and radiation damage dealt, apply at the same time basically cancelling each other out since the Ghoul heals on radiation damage?

At the start of the game, are all players allowed to start on the same space? Since some spaces are closer to the next tiles it seems unfair this wouldn't be the case.

If you level up and get to choose a perk, are you allowed to choose a perk that you have already used before?

Do factions attack each other? And do they attack/get attacked by Wasteland creatures?

The character that starts with the Power armor and that can only move 1 point per move action unless one caps is payed, can I sell the Power armor or discard it?

If I already have a "villainized" trait and get another one, does that make me "idolized"? It seems strange but the rules seem to say that you should flip it over if you get the same trait twice.

Some companions in the shop has the "idolized" trait icon on their cost. Does that mean that they are free if you have the "idolized" trait or do you have to discard the "idolized" trait as a cost to get the companion?

When an enemy moves towards a player and there is unexplored tiles between them, the enemy treats one unexplored tiles as one space. But what happens if I then on my turn choose to explore that tile. In what space of that tile do I place the enemy that was on top of it? At the space closest to the player it was moving towards?

12. Are there no other penalties to dying than loosing your inventory and being moved to the starting tile? I really get to keep all my equipped armor, companion, weapon, all XP and levels, agenda cards and perks and get full HP?

13. During enemy activation: Does a enemy without "range" ability attack even if they had to move into my space first?

14. During enemy activation: If an enemy attack me and no one dies. Does the enemy move if they haven't already moved?

1. Per rules as written, yes, you can fully score multiple of the same agenda (there's a lot of variants on the forums because of this)
2. aggressive enemies start a fight when they enter a space, or their space is entered (but not when the flip face up to become active)
3. per the steps of a fight in the rulebook, take all the damage first, then (if you're still alive) apply the radiation
4. per the rules as written, no.
5. yes.
6. yes.
7. None of the enemy tokens on the map fight each other (including the faction tokens)
8. yes, players may sell (as part of a shop action) or discard their starting items -- additionally, at the start of a players turn, they decide what they have equipped, and the other items go in their inventory, so they could also carry but not wear the armor
9. no, if you gain another of a trait you already have, nothing happens.
10. they are free if you have the necessary trait or special stat
11. the active player determines where enemy tokens are placed when they flip an unexplored tile with an explore action
12. correct (but you keep your current rads level)
13. an enemy will only attack during activation if they start the activation in the same space as a survivor, or if the token has the ranged icon, if they activate and are adjacent to a survivor (they won't move in, they'll just attack -- if both enemy & survivor have ranged icons, the bonus hits cancel out, and there's no bonus hit if survivor & enemy token are in the same space)
14. no, on an enemy activation, the token will either move or attack, not both (unless its aggressive and it moved into a space with a survivor).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wells
United States
Centralia
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seb123123 wrote:

There's nothing in the rules about duplicate agendas, so yes, that's one way of getting more influence.

Enemy activation:

If it moves into your space it attacks immediately.

Playing as the Ghoul:

As was answered above, take the damage first, then rads would take effect

Unfortunately, the rules say everyone must start on different space.
You take turns placing your figure, and it must be on an unoccupied space. With only two players it's not as big a deal, but I'm thinking of house ruling this for the same concerns you have.

Yes. The only thing you can't do twice on a turn is the Encounter action.

Yes. The only restriction I can think of is the "Swift Learner" perk, but that one involves getting that same perk in the same turn.

No, they don't attack each other or other creatures. I look at it as though the map spaces are fairly large areas and they may not see each other, or maybe they are skirmishing, and the fights you're involved in are the "highlights."

Yes

No. If you get a trait you already have, nothing happens. The only time you flip it would be if you're idolized and some effect makes you vilified.

You don't have to discard the trait. The companions with the trait or stat requirement mean you can only add them to your board if you have that trait or stat.

You place the enemy on a space of your choosing.

You have the right of it. The penalty is you're probably going to spend a lot of movement/turns to get back to whatever quest or encounter you were working on, while other players spend their turns getting ahead of you.

I look at it like this: When an enemy activates it only does one thing. It attacks, moves, or flips over (reveals). If the ranged enemy is adjacent, it would only attack. It wouldn't have moved first.

If the enemy attacks, that's all it does. It stays in the same place.

Edited for wording.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebbe Sebbe
msg tools
Thanks G. Michael Bridge and Jeff Wells!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Unfortunately, the rules say everyone must start on different space.
You take turns placing your figure, and it must be on an unoccupied space. With only two players it's not as big a deal, but I'm thinking of house ruling this for the same concerns you have.

Have you played? This is no problem as the ones further away are activated later in the round and thus won't need to do the first explore action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebbe Sebbe
msg tools
That is true so there are some ups and downs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Leacy
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Jeff_Wells wrote:
Seb123123 wrote:

If the enemy attacks, that's all it does. It stays in the same place.

Unless the enemy has a retreat icon and you fail to kill it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.