Dinosaur Island» Forums » General

Subject: DNA refining mnemonic? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Has anyone figured out a way to remember which two basic DNAs combine to form each of the advanced DNAs? I know it's written right on the board, but it's annoying to have to look it up every time I want to figure out which what the basic DNA cost of a given dino is, especially since I often want that info a few times a round.

It's made more difficult by the basic DNA colors being weird colors and sometimes appearing slightly different depending on different game components. And the shapes don't help either. It's just not at all intuitive to me that dark-blue-sometimes-purple hamburger plus variously-pinky-purple maxi pad equals yellow octagon.

Seems like it would have been more intuitive to have the basic DNA in primary colors and the advanced DNA as appropriate secondary colors along with shapes that also combined. Yellow vertical rectangle plus blue horizontal rectangle equals green plus sign I would understand immediately.

I am very much enjoying the game, for the record, I just can't get this one part down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a love/hate relationship.
badge
Check out my board game instructional videos on my YouTube channel: "The Game Explainer".
mbmbmbmbmb
Using their relative positions (Left, Middle, Right), I came up with this:

Basic = Advanced
L+R = L (army march) (LEFT RIGHT LEFT)
L+M = M (Love Mini Meeples)
M+R = R (My Rex Roars)

Sorry, that's the best I could come up with. blush

Also, note the Basic DNA have curved sides, while the Advanced DNA have straight sides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.