Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
During the recent Kickstarter campaign, for the revised edition, we promised that we'd look into the cost of producing 'language conversion packs' for owners of the first edition to convert their games to languages that were unlocked during the campaign.

We now know how much these will cost and need to gauge interest before committing to producing them. The packs will contain all revised components (i.e. an upgrade pack) as well as translated versions of all other components with text in the game. If 20 or more people want a conversion pack in a language, we will consider adding it to Backerkit. If 50 people want one then we promise we will produce it and add it to Backerkit.

Poll
I would like to buy a language conversion pack, at a cost of US$49, in
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Spanish
38.7% 24
Italian
17.7% 11
German
43.5% 27
Voters 62
This poll is now closed.   62 answers
Poll created by cornishlee
Closes: Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:00 am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crusher Crancko
Spain
Boadilla del Monte
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question:

IS this for the base game or it does include the 2 expansions as well?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
crusher100 wrote:
Question:

IS this for the base game or it does include the 2 expansions as well?

Thank you.

Surely only base game. We are not reprinting WG now at all,
but when we do, it's a matter of seeing if there are enough localized PM:AR copies that localization would make sense.

And for Hideout, that will be english only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crusher Crancko
Spain
Boadilla del Monte
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and where
do I select in PM the spanish pack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We havn't added it yet, Crusher. Once this poll has closed we'll look at the results and decide whether this is a service we can afford to offer. If and when we add them to Backerkit we'll announce it in an update.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Müller
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
During the PM I already selected a german upgrade Kit. What does this Kit include?

The price was 10 dollar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
IcyChris wrote:
During the PM I already selected a german upgrade Kit. What does this Kit include?

The price was 10 dollar.

Indeed. but what we're trying to find out here is *if* people would actually rather prefer a full conversion.

The German upgrade kit at +10 USD would be exactly the same components (as the English version of upgrade kit), but having language dependent components translated. Why is it +10 then? Small print runs does cost extra and even if we're to very much aiming to add our coverage, we can not pay your components from our pocket.

We (including all backers) should realize that the whole localized copy initiative is very much just an extreme form of customer service.

The +10 means that the exact components of the upgrade kit are translated to given language.

BUT we've been educated that localized version should not be limited to upgrade pack, but be more thorough. For that reason there is a poll that you probably ought to be interested, as it's about us adding a real language conversion as an option (including full "large card" deck + relevant A5 sized components)

However we just can't have both the current upgrade kit and the possible language conversion as options. Our manufacturer would string me up to a nooze, if I'd suggest something like that. So we have to have just one localized upgrade option variant. Help us to choose the one that you would like, please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.