Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad S.
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all, I finally got MBP to the game table yesterday and had a blast.

We played a 2-player skirmish and I drafted Ketos as one of my units. I think I used him correctly (looks like he gets 2 Devour tokens), but we weren't sure how his tentacles work.

Technically Ketos is 4 pieces of plastic (body + 3 tentacles). Is there a special rule for these? It's not mentioned on his dashboard or in the Corinthia rules.

We suspected that Ketos takes up 4 spots in the population capacity of an area, but have nothing to prove that. And can Ketos' tentacles be killed separately from his body? Do they get different attacks? Or are these tentacles just to look cool (which they do!)?

goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
guest guest
United States
Danvers
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Ketos and his tentacles are considered a single unit. Just like troops consist of several figures but are still just one unit. He still only adds 1 to an area's population count.

It's different with Scylla.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad S.
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guest wrote:
Ketos and his tentacles are considered a single unit. Just like troops consist of several figures but are still just one unit. He still only adds 1 to an area's population count.

Thanks for the response.

So, there's no in-game effect that the different tentacles have for Ketos then? Just cool-looking, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
guest guest
United States
Danvers
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Hellikin wrote:
Guest wrote:

Thanks for the response.

So, there's no in-game effect that the different tentacles have for Ketos then? Just cool-looking, right?

Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerrod Warr
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don’t think that correct. Aren’t they the tokens referenced in his special abilities that wrap up opposing units?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
guest guest
United States
Danvers
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mercopparis wrote:
I don’t think that correct. Aren’t they the tokens referenced in his special abilities that wrap up opposing units?

Miniature pieces aren't tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerrod Warr
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guest wrote:
mercopparis wrote:

I would normally agree with this but we never found any tokens that matched the description in his abilities or the number of tokens he was supposed to have. Thematically it made sense the tentacles were wrapping up the victims and could also be in adjacent places.

I could definitely be wrong but would love to have actual explanation and clarification on the issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
guest guest
United States
Danvers
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mercopparis wrote:
Guest wrote:
mercopparis wrote:

I would normally agree with this but we never found any tokens that matched the description in his abilities or the number of tokens he was supposed to have. Thematically it made sense the tentacles were wrapping up the victims and could also be in adjacent places.

I could definitely be wrong but would love to have actual explanation and clarification on the issue.

All tokens for all units/abilities are in the core box. They are generic tokens to use for whatever power needs tokens so no unit has its own set of specific tokens. The number of tokens is referenced on his dashboard. It's 2. He has 3 tentacle pieces.

Also in no way does his text treat his tentacles as tokens or acting like tokens. Compare that to Scylla where her Tentacles are actually an important part of what she does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerrod Warr
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guest wrote:
mercopparis wrote:
Guest wrote:
mercopparis wrote:

All tokens for all units/abilities are in the core box. They are generic tokens to use for whatever power needs tokens so no unit has its own set of specific tokens. The number of tokens is referenced on his dashboard. It's 2. He has 3 tentacle pieces.

Also in no way does his text treat his tentacles as tokens or acting like tokens. Compare that to Scylla where her Tentacles are actually an important part of what she does.

Cool; thank you. I definitely missed somewhere what the 2 was referring to on the dashboard. It's too bad there aren't specific tokens but that method at least keeps storage cleaner. If the tentacles don't do anything then I might just use them as the tokens for thematic purposes anyway. Regardless, thanks again for the clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raph Moimoi
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guest wrote:
mercopparis wrote:

You may use the 2 tenatacles instead of tokens, that's te best thematical way to get them in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.