Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Attila Kisvári
Hungary
Bokros
Csongrád
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
May Itar burn (discard) power only to be able to use their PI's ability? In other words he doesn't want to do anything with the burnt power in Bowl III but needs one more power token in the Gaia area to be able to get a tech tile in the next Gaia phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
There's no rule allowing you to just move power around on your own, neither in general nor specific for the Itar.
So no, you can't just put them in the Gaia area because you want to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hasse
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can. You can do the burn free action before or after your action on any turn as long as you have at least two power in bowl 2. There's no requirement that you spend the power right away.

With most factions you don't want to burn unless you're going to use it right away, but the itars are probably an occasional exception!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helge Ostertag
Germany
Hofheim
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Atimati wrote:
May Itar burn (discard) power only to be able to use their PI's ability? In other words he doesn't want to do anything with the burnt power in Bowl III but needs one more power token in the Gaia area to be able to get a tech tile in the next Gaia phase.

To play Itar effectively you will burn power often, just to get more power into the gaia area, it is part of their strategy!

So yes, it is not only legal, it is intended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
It works even better when you combine it with Gaia Projects at 6 power tokens and the 3vp Gaia Mine tech and burn 2. This gives 2 tech tiles per round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Attila Kisvári
Hungary
Bokros
Csongrád
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
It works even better when you combine it with Gaia Projects at 6 power tokens and the 3vp Gaia Mine tech and burn 2. This gives 2 tech tiles per round.

Yes, if you can get enough power token... :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
I misread the question, thinking you meant simply putting power into the Gaia area, not using the "burn power" mechanic.
The comments after mine are correct, my apologies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kin
Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just had our first game with Itars in it. The Itar player managed to get 8 of the 9 regular techs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Atimati wrote:
JamesWolfpacker wrote:

Yes, if you can get enough power token...

They have a base income of 1pt and the PI gives 1pt.

Ore = Power tokens

It costs 6 ore to get a tech tile plus either 6 or 10 coins (Lab from scratch not counting terraform/gaia costs or Academy).

So if you are cancelling out the income of 2pt a round already then you need 6 more ore which is the same costs as building a Lab or Academy without the coins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
Their motto: "Itars - we have all the cool technologies!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RindFisch wrote:
I misread the question, thinking you meant simply putting power into the Gaia area, not using the "burn power" mechanic.
The comments after mine are correct, my apologies.

You always have the option of editing or deleting your incorrect answer, you know, since it's the very first answer and all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
Atimati wrote:
Yes, if you can get enough power token...

They have a base income of 1pt and the PI gives 1pt.

Ore = Power tokens

It costs 6 ore to get a tech tile plus either 6 or 10 coins (Lab from scratch not counting terraform/gaia costs or Academy).

So if you are cancelling out the income of 2pt a round already then you need 6 more ore which is the same costs as building a Lab or Academy without the coins.

Oh, I forgot to mention... they love the Booster tile that give power tokens and the power action that gives power tokens. Using these is of course more efficient than using ore, but the comparison for economy sake is still pretty valid... I probably should have included the cost of building a mine at 1 ore and 2 coins on the Gaia planet to get back the Gaiaformer to do it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.