9 Posts

Spirit Island» Forums » General

Subject: Invader board not lying flat? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
Leaving it under a stack of books helped a little bit, but it still doesn't lie perfectly flat. It doesn't interfere with gameplay, but it's slightly annoying. Is this an issue that all invader boards have or is it something I can get a replacement for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Themistoklis Dakanalis
Greece
Heraklion
Crete
flag msg tools
designer
Game Design Theory Lover !!!
badge
Wild Board Gamer !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just push each part to the opposite direction than the one that it normally folds and repeat a few times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Lunte
Germany
Garrel
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, mine also had a pretty strong bend when I first unpacked the game, but I counterbent it a little and it's been getting better with more plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Zev
msg tools
badge
All knowledge is worth having
mbmbmbmbmb
See this thread for more thoughts on the issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis D
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wish I had the photo shop skill to design a slick looking invader board
That could be printed on a mouse pad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M

Chapel Hill
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine doesn't lie flat either and I've had it forever. I've been worried about ripping it by counterbending.

...the mousepad idea is brilliant, although I don't have the ability to design such a thing. And really... I'm trying not to upgrade every component. I mean, those skull beads were totally a necessary, because we all know that it's absolutely impossible to count cardboard fear tokens... whistle

And you know, of course more disk colors are needed. And actually, why not have unique presence markers for each spirit? While we're at it, those towns and cities and invaders could be improved...

...so I'm just not going to stop at the skull beads and not continue upgrading relentlessly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.W. T.
New Zealand
Nelson
flag msg tools
Achire wrote:

...the mousepad idea is brilliant, although I don't have the ability to design such a thing. And really... I'm trying not to upgrade every component. I mean, those skull beads were totally a necessary, because we all know that it's absolutely impossible to count cardboard fear tokens... whistle

Next game day that we play Spirit Island, we're going to use from Pandemic Legacy Season One
Spoiler (click to reveal)
faded figures instead of the usual explorers. Those would probably go well with your skull beads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, spoilers.

EDIT: Thanks for the spoiler marker!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M

Chapel Hill
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NerwenGreen wrote:

Next game day that we play Spirit Island, we're going to use from Pandemic Legacy Season One
Spoiler (click to reveal)
faded figures instead of the usual explorers. Those would probably go well with your skull beads.

Oh my goodness, that's absolutely brilliant. Sadly, I'm not the owner of our group's Pandemic Legacy copy, or I'd absolutely raid it for the purpose. Maybe I still can, once we're done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.