nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Enjoy! FREAKFACE RADIO

(Click on Pole to begin, upper left corner to switch between two other stations: 1963 and NO TIME SATAN ROBOT RADIO)

http://www.cave-evil.com/freakface/index.html#

8+ hours of tunes and skronk!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♪ I'll mourn over the marble steps ♬ Junkies of the world lay across the monuments ♫ I climb and blister on the mount ♪ Drunks take a piss where heroes once bled out ♪ ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
This one's creepy!
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pierce
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in a dark place....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Fuller
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
listening to the 1963 station...sounds amazing so far Nate. As usual, you've all done a great job with this game and everything surrounding it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Terence! These are fun to do. I really became a big fan of music in this late 50s early 60s era because of this project. It was just before The Beatles and LSD washed over rock n roll. Both country and rock had some very neat things going on. I was surprised by the immense amount of horror stuff of this time. Was there some ad agency trying to get people into halloween shopping and paying any band to make a monster tune? There is a ton. I wish this 63 station was longer, we just ran out of time. I highly recommend this yt channel for more from this time:

https://www.youtube.com/user/SolidSmokeRockabilly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Branham
United States
Duluth
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
New Dia die Los Muertos. Lighter, sillier, and Stickers.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there was some kind of weird synergy going on between exploitation movies, Rock n Roll, magazines, comics and teen rebellion.

All of these things quickly branched out at the same time aimed at teens and young adults. When you look back, there were children's and teens books, but media exploded in this time period. And horror, rockabilly, and movies formed this amazing crazy mix.

That said, your next task is to watch The Exotic Ones (The monster and the stripper). That is a jumping off point into the crazy world of Ormond family movies, which just go into untold realms of wonder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Regret
Australia
Brisbane
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fbranham wrote:
That said, your next task is to watch The Exotic Ones (The monster and the stripper). That is a jumping off point into the crazy world of Ormond family movies, which just go into untold realms of wonder.

Woah! How have I never heard of this movie before? Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panagiotis
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
... Leave early.
mbmbmbmbmb
dragonblaster wrote:
Enjoy! FREAKFACE RADIO

(Click on Pole to begin, upper left corner to switch between two other stations: 1963 and NO TIME SATAN ROBOT RADIO)

http://www.cave-evil.com/freakface/index.html#

8+ hours of tunes and skronk!

Hey, thumbs up for the 1963 station.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.