Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Problems in set up

OK, just getting this game on the table now. I am setting up the "Torgau" scenario the main game. In section 4.2.2 of the series rules it says Command Ratings and die roll ranges are shown in each scenario's Army information charts That sounds comprehensive enough but where are these 'Army Information Charts'? I don't have any specialized chart that came with my game?

I'm also confused about the 'groups' and 'wings'. For example, Zeiten's column in the Torgau scenario has and orange band on each counter and the leader counter, Zeiten, has written "S. Column". Is this then a group?

I can't go anywhere with playing the game until this is cleared up. In essence what is the "Army Activation Chart"???

The game contents list 2 - 17"x 11" player aid cards. I DO have two but they are both the same. Any help appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are looking for the info in 24.3 (revised playbook).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilbert Collins
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I have that document Scott, but where is the reference to the Army Charts? What charts? What units are in Groups and what units are in Wings? Or do I put the units in whatever group I want? The rules state that the 'scenario instructions' state the organization of the army. I can't find it anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Units are sorted into wings by the color stripes, matching leaders (2.1 and 2.3 illustrations). Wings form groups using a common effectiveness chit.
The chart, such as it is, is in 24.3:

Prussian Army Information:
Morale: 28
Army Activation Cost: 1 pt. first try, free thereafter Command Ratings:
Inf/arty: 3
Cavalry: 4
Frederick: 4I
Friendly Map Edges: South, West and North

The Prussian army has two groups: infantry/arty wings (3) and cavalry wings (4). You roll for effectiveness of each group using those ratings. Fred can use his 4 rating to reroll for one Infantry wing. This is all in 4.2.1 and 4.2.2.

Groups are usually inf/arty and cavalry, but some scenarios have separate specific groups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.