Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've thought about doing this as well, but I just hate to loose those nice handy dandy trays that work so well as a tile dispenser.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasenko Pasic
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sarajevo
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowsclassic wrote:
I've thought about doing this as well, but I just hate to loose those nice handy dandy trays that work so well as a tile dispenser.

Sure, but I find myself having them on the stack on the table,even with the insert, so, in my case, there is no loss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't thought about sticking Kingdomino's box into QueenDomino for the dominoes. Was planning on sticking the tiles in 2 draw bags (because the royal marriage rules calls for separate draw stacks). I'm one of those that find it hard to shuffle tall stacks of tiles or card decks (Like Suburbia, Carcassonne, Machi Koro before the triple market variant, and Ex-Libris), so that's why I opted for a sheet-bag for Kingdomino for now. Might give this a shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hmm, draw bags sound like a good idea, I never even considered that option. That would even make randomizing simple. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowsclassic wrote:
Hmm, draw bags sound like a good idea, I never even considered that option. That would even make randomizing simple. thumbsup

Sounds like a good way to bang up the tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't had too much damage from Carcassone's tiles, but I can see the concern with the corners on the Royal Dominoes being more pointy than rounded

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
lomdr wrote:
Haven't had too much damage from Carcassone's tiles, but I can see the concern with the corners on the Royal Dominoes being more pointy than rounded

Who cares? They might get damaged a bit, but it won't hurt the gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, since the two sets of tiles aren't shuffled together in the first place. I can see why with trying to feel for a tile, but tell the people in blind draw games that the first component you touch is what you draw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pah. I have King and Queen in the same Blue Orange box PLUS the add-on tile dispenser! I've also got the four promo castles, although I've not assembled them - because that might indeed be one step too far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My first attempt looked something like that, though I cut the Kingdomino box bottom in half, and then reversed the halves inside the lid to form a divider between the two tile sets.

Then I took it a step further and did this. Only tools required are an Xacto blade and super glue (and a ruler.) If you're worried about tile damage it'd be simple enough to make the tile sections narrower, and cut the middle section (from the King lid) to be slightly wider to compensate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buday Bal√°zs
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My first custom insert

Thank you OP for some ideas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.