Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Yoder
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a plethora of people, so I suggested “I’m the Boss”. Players were myself, J.C., Randy, Bill, Angelo, and another player whose name I can't remember. Sorry!

The game opened with a bang. After drawing for a couple of rounds, everyone felt flush and torrents of cards were thrown down on one early deal. There were three different bosses at least, and probably five or six trip cards played. It came down to J.C. being willing to scotch the deal over a 1 million discrepancy, that’s how serious it was. We all had a good laugh about it afterwards. Since everybody wasted a bunch of cards the who fiasco didn’t help or hurt anyone in particular.

Restraint prevailed for most of the rest of the game. Angelo made the first big score, being able to cart off 10 million while giving two other people 5. I was soon able to do the same. Eventually, it was clear that Angelo and I were the top contenders. Bill had some success early but flagged, Randy had his investor card stolen early (by me) and never was able to get another one, while the others just couldn’t seem to get in on enough deals.

At game end I was able to grab another 10 million out of a large deal, and that put me over the top. At that point card exhaustion had set in somewhat, and my position with two investors made it easy for me to make deals on my turn. I think I ended up with 37 million, while Angelo was only two or three million back.

This was the best game of I’m the Boss I’ve played yet. Six players definitely creates some chaos. There were a few negotiations that bogged down when everyone clamored to get their investors used, but for the most part the noise and excitement heightened the fun. I don’t think I’ll play this game in the future with less that five players. With four or fewer it’s too easy to make deals, since the very common three player split only leaves one disgruntled person to do anything about it. With six we almost always had as many or more people opposed to a deal than were for it, which increased the tension and uncertainty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.