Subject: Performing and stealing at end of long month questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan C
United Kingdom
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played and loved our first game of Circus Train.

Here are a couple of questions that came up during our 2 player game using the basic rules.

Performing

Is it legal to use the perform action even if you have no talent tokens listed on the local news token?

For instance, if I only have Clowns and Acrobats, and the news tokens wants neither of these types, can I still perform just to get some cash?

Stealing at the end of long month

Does this still take place in a 2 player game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Decker
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Thanks for playing Circus Train!

I don't have the manual in front of me, but:

1. Yes, definitely you can perform, even without any of the required talent. Perform or starve! It can be a great strategy to take those performances early in the game...

2. I am pretty sure stealing is only in 3 to 5 player games. I can't remember for 100% sure, but I'd be very surprised if it was in the 2 player game. It should be in the rules some place...

- Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan C
United Kingdom
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks for replying to my questions, Tom.

We look forward to playing our 2nd game soon and then moving on to the advanced version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Walker
msg tools
I double checked the rule book and in the section where it mentions end of long month stealing it doesn't say in parentheses "3-5 players only" so I had assumed it was for 2 players as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.