8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Story-driven, adventure style solo game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Francois Therrien
Canada
flag msg tools
I'm currently immersed into the 7th Continent (6 curses resolved playing solo) and I'm loving every minute of it. What would be a good recommendation for a similar adventure-style, solo game with a strong narrative? Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
The 7th Continent is quite unique so it is hard to recommend a similar game but many people belief Gloomhaven is quite as unique gamewise and can give a similar feel playwise. If exploring and surviving appeals to you Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island is a game I can highly recommend. In 2018 Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island – Mystery Tales will be published.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carel Teijgeler
Netherlands
Vlaardingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a look at Babrbarian Prince whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy D
New Zealand
Invercargill
Southland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could always try The Lord Of The Rings LCG - I'm loving it but having to buy a lot of expansion packs is hard on the wallet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Therrien
Canada
flag msg tools
I thought of LOTR and other LCGs but I'm kind of a completionist.....as you said, that could be hard on the wallet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don't Panic!
United Kingdom
Sevenoaks
Kent
flag msg tools
STAG Gamers - The friendliest group in Kent
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a look at Legacy of Dragonholt - no board to build, but a story to get lost in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Frankth wrote:
I thought of LOTR and other LCGs but I'm kind of a completionist.....as you said, that could be hard on the wallet!

Arkham Horror: The Card Game won't be as hard if you hop in right now.
It's everything I expected the 7th Continent to be.
Of course it's more about lovecraftian horror but you're still adventuring and it has an interesting narrative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Therrien
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks for the suggestions. Legacy of Dragonholt looks interesting and might be the closest to what I'm looking for. Arkham Horror LCG looks like something I could get into also. Regards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.