Subject: On the official "variants" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
So, how much playtesting did the experimental player powers get?
Do people think they are generally balanced?

I love asymetric player powers and find I'd love for all players to have at least some difference, even if they are not quite as big as the really different game played by green.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
mbmbmbmbmb
RindFisch wrote:
I love asymetric player powers and find I'd love for all players to have at least some difference, even if they are not quite as big as the really different game played by green.

Haven't played this yet... US - still waiting on games.

But, this sounds like an interesting feature! Pretty much every SMG title I own features asymmetry (except, maybe Pamir & Ren?) - so I will definitely be playing this way.

I remember play testing Genesis and there was worry that Green was a runaway power early on, so I was interested by your comment. I love how deep and well seasoned Phil's games feel.

With BMF as a Top 3 of all time for me, I'm really stoked to get this one cracking on the table!!

Sorry I don't have any answers, just enthusiasm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Denison
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I helped with some of the playtesting. They all feel balanced to the degree any Sierra Madre game feels balanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Guedes
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eva01iastate wrote:
I helped with some of the playtesting. They all feel balanced to the degree any Sierra Madre game feels balanced.

meaning your brain capacity is the differentiating factor and balancing agent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Garycki
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those abilities can make the hardcore game of Mars a bit easier and more accessible. So I recommend using them for Mars (or other similar variants).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.