Joseph Dellutro
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The deluxe edition has unique dino-meeples for each type of dinosaur but are there enough to support a 4 player game or would the supply run out on the various dino-meeple types and people would end up having to take the generic dino-meeple for all dinosaur types?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Frag
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don’t have my copy yet, but I don’t think each specific type of dino has it’s own meeple. Also, remember, players can’t just choose which Dino to breed. They need to first acquire the recipe card in Phase 1 of play. Only one herbivore, small carnivore and large carnivore are available for purchase each round, so it seems to me there will be plenty of viable meeple options for whichever Dino you acquire...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Dellutro
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure the kickstarter deluxe edition has specific meeples for each dinosaur type (stegosaurus, pterodactyl, trex, raptor, etc) from the stretch goals.

I'm just not clear on whether the quantity provided is sufficient to support a 4 player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S A
msg tools
mbmb
No, unfortunately there aren't meeples for each type of dinosaur.

There are 9 different dino types represented and 7 meeples of each.

14 different dino recipe tiles, and I believe 3 were unlocked as stretch goals.

Unfortunately I'm not sure if that's enough for 4 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
There is only 1 dino recipe tile per species. (The dino species pre-printed on the lab boards is the only exception to this.) So if Joe acquires the recipe to create Velociraptors, no one else is going to create Velociraptors at all this game.

That said, as others have pointed out, in deluxe copies there are 9 different meeple types, while there are 17 actual species represented on dino recipe tiles, so you'll likely have to do some mixing and matching regardless (e.g., take a T-Rex meeple to represent Allosaurus, etc.).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Dellutro
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you for clearing that up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vallina
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
if I'm Andy, is Zack April? seems right...
badge
"When I get bummed out, I take my shirt off because the bad feelings make me feel sweaty."
mbmbmbmbmb
The dino meeples were just created so you have variety. There's no impact to game play to use a different meeple from the dino you're actually creating.

That being said, the dino meeples are adorable and I wish I had more species of them..because they're ridiculously cute when you use them lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a love/hate relationship.
badge
Check out my board game instructional videos on my YouTube channel: "The Game Explainer".
mbmbmbmbmb
As others have stated, the different dino meeples in the Deluxe Edition are just for fun. You can put any dino meeple in any exhibit. Heck, you could use wooden cubes or pocket lint if you want.

Most of the dino recipes have either an exact or reasonably close dino meeple available. As Dustin said, the T-Rex meeple is a good match for both T-Rex and Allosaurus. That being said, if both T-Rex and Allosaurus are in players' parks and they max out both exhibits (8 total dinos), someone will need to use a different meeple for their 4th dino, as there are only 7 of each dino meeple). This is extremely unlikely to happen, except maybe in the Long Game. Creating and housing 4 large carnivores takes a lot of DNA and money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Egly
msg tools
I just ordered this game and am excited to get it. I went on Amazon and ordered two sets of the valefor toy 72 piece sets to use for the different Dino types. There are numerous species represented and supposedly two to four of each in each pack of 72 so there should be sufficient numbers to represent all the different types in the game. My only question is whether or not they will be too big for the game. It says they are 2-4". Worth a try for a total of $16 I guess! If not my kids can play with them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.