Subject: Cover Values rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cody Kiker
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Hello and happy holidays! I just opened the 1A version of the game last night and started on the tutorial scenarios. In the armor scenario, it specifically mentions that units in the wooded areas gain +2 cover. Easy enough. However, in the infantry tutorial, most units start on building hexes, in houses. I cannot, for the life of me, find the cover value of these hexes anywhere in the three rulebooks, nor on the Internet. Can someone please let me know where I can find this information, as well as a table that shows the cover value of all hexes that provide cover? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
codymac wrote:
Hello and happy holidays! I just opened the 1A version of the game last night and started on the tutorial scenarios. In the armor scenario, it specifically mentions that units in the wooded areas gain +2 cover. Easy enough. However, in the infantry tutorial, most units start on building hexes, in houses. I cannot, for the life of me, find the cover value of these hexes anywhere in the three rulebooks, nor on the Internet. Can someone please let me know where I can find this information, as well as a table that shows the cover value of all hexes that provide cover? Thanks!

Have a look at pages 17 and 18 in the "Tools of War" book. On those pages you will find the "Terrain Breakdown". You will also find a "Terrain Reference" on the back cover. It does not have a page number, but I suppose it would be page 40.

Buildings are "Cover: 3".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Santos
Portugal
S. Domingos Rana
Cascais
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Tools of war booklet page 17-18. It states for every terrain the cover value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Kiker
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you both. I had not made it to book 3 yet as I thought it was just scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hillery
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're not the first to be confused by that location!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.