The Ravens of Thri Sahashri» Forums » General

Subject: I did it! I finished the base game! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carla
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been wrangling with this game for a few days now, playing both players to practice the mechanics, Rahdo style, and have at last managed to complete all three rounds. This was my 5th run through. I completed the game with 3 cards in my score pile (I would have had 6 but I had to use 3 of them to complete my poem). Here's what end game looked like:

Oh wait! I had two relived memories in the last poem. Should I add them to the score pile? If so, make that 5 cards in the score pile to finish.

I am chuffed. This for me is a pretty complex game. Now...to convince the hubby that it's worth learning and then actually get him to play it with me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done!
This is one tough game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carla
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GregDarcy wrote:
Well done!
This is one tough game.

It is, isn't it? It's one of those games where when you first read the rule book it makes absolutely no sense, but after watching videos and answered questions from the good folk of BGG and a series of run throughs, when I read through the rule book again, most of the stuff I was asking about is in there, I just think it's all a bit too much to take in at first!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pam D
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats on the win! My son and I played this for the first time tonight. I was Ren. We won! That last round is a bear! I don't think we would have done nearly as well if I had been Keth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carla
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hubby and I have played it twice, we lost both times. But the second time we lost, it's because I forgot that ravens in the safe zone go into the discard pile, I was setting them to one side and then putting them in the raven row on the next turn. So it's amazing we lasted as long as we did!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.