Subject: Defending against Blights & Exhausting active powers. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan C
United Kingdom
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing with the Paragon. He has the Rebuke Tactic "Fight with 2 die" and Steadfastness Bonus "+1 on rolls to defend against blights".

I end my turn in an area with a Shade. If I choose to fight, can I use both Rebuke and Steadfastness to roll 3 dice?

If an event forces you to exhaust an active power on the map, when I refresh does the card become active in that area again, or must I spend an action to reactivate it?

Basically, is the active power suppressed while exhausted or removed from the map completely?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can combine Rebuke and Steadfastness. In general, you can only use 1 tactic per combat, but there is no limit to the bonuses you can use.

When you exhaust an active power, it becomes suppressed:

Rule 6.2, page 6 wrote:
In the event that a power is exhausted while it is currently active, that power becomes suppressed. It counts as exhausted and none of its effects can be used (including active effects), but when the power is refreshed it will automatically become active again (on the same target, if any).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan C
United Kingdom
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your quick response, Jeremy! And thanks for designing such a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.