Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mladen Šimić
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi to everyone,

game is arriving tommorow so I have to be prepared and therefore I am reading rules and forums for several days, I and still didnt figure out many things:
1. Armor that hinders your movement unless you spend caps - can you unequip it or not? If you can it seems to easy...I saw that someone e-mailed FFG, but hasen seen any response or final solution.
2. Lets assume you have 3 equiped items and also 3 items in your supply/inventory. You get e.g. two more items and now you have five. Lets say two items are stimpacks. Can you use them,and by doing this end your turn with 3 equipped cards and 3 in inventory, without having to discard (since you used them)? Basically I m asking can you at one short moment have more then 6 cards, but by spending them end turn with exactly 6. (That is also important if you are addicted and have 3 drugs, if this cannont be done you couldt buy addictol...)
3. Using stimpacks and similar one use items in middle of combat - can you do this? Lets say you get 6 damage and you would die, but you then use stimpack to survive to negate some damage?
4. recruiting companions - so some companions have requirements (e.g. idolized) -
a) so you can get them for free if you have required trait or stat?
b) can you buy them without having required trair/stat or they are forbidden for you?
c) Can you get them by completing some encounter or quest without having required trait/stat?
d) when compainons are exhausted and you make camp action every one or them wants something in order to unexhaust (i saw on of them wants drugs, I assume others want something else) Is it enough to have drugs or you also have to discard them in order to unexhaust companion?
5. Ghouls ability - he is basically healing by suffering rad damage. So lets say enemy does 6 damage, and 2 rad damage. I have 5 HP left. Am I dead or not? Basically I am asking about timing- do I get only 4 (6-2) damage, or I get 6 damage and heal 2 after?
6. I have just killed enemy and have to spawn it on nearest area with that type of enemy. So what if that play already has enemy on it? Can I put it there or not? Is it important is that emeny face up or down? Pleas if someone can explain all possibilites I wolud really appreciate it.
7. If encounter want you to do something (e.g. kill enemy, or do some dice checks) and you fail to do it do you still get rewards and continue with encounter or this encounter immediately ends? If it ends do you discard it, or what?

P.S. sorry if some questions are stupid keep in mind I dont have game, and I havent seen it.
P.P.S. when game arrives tommorow I think that will open several more questions.zombie, I am speaking from experience...
Sorry if some questions were responded earlier, maybe there wasnt consensus regarding them, or I didnt understand explanation blush, so I wanted to clear everything up.

Many thx in advance , br,
Mladen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wells
United States
Centralia
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simicic wrote:
Hi to everyone,

game is arriving tommorow so I have to be prepared and therefore I am reading rules and forums for several days, I and still didnt figure out many things:
1. Armor that hinders your movement unless you spend caps - can you unequip it or not? If you can it seems to easy...I saw that someone e-mailed FFG, but hasen seen any response or final solution.

Yes you can take it off, sell it or just plain discard it if you want.

2. Lets assume you have 3 equiped items and also 3 items in your supply/inventory. You get e.g. two more items and now you have five. Lets say two items are stimpacks. Can you use them,and by doing this end your turn with 3 equipped cards and 3 in inventory, without having to discard (since you used them)? Basically I m asking can you at one short moment have more then 6 cards, but by spending them end turn with exactly 6. (That is also important if you are addicted and have 3 drugs, if this cannont be done you couldt buy addictol...)

I've seen this one before and I believe the general consensus is you can. The card says "during your turn," which generally means anytime in your turn, except in the middle of a non-move action.

3. Using stimpacks and similar one use items in middle of combat - can you do this? Lets say you get 6 damage and you would die, but you then use stimpack to survive to negate some damage?

I don't believe so. According to the rules, only "during a fight" abilities may be used in the middle of a fight. The stimpack card doesn't have that ability.

4. recruiting companions - so some companions have requirements (e.g. idolized) -
a) so you can get them for free if you have required trait or stat? Yes
b) can you buy them without having required trair/stat or they are forbidden for you? You can't buy them, only recruit them.
c) Can you get them by completing some encounter or quest without having required trait/stat? Not sure about all the quests, but there is a perk that lets you choose a companion from the shop or discard piles.
d) when compainons are exhausted and you make camp action every one or them wants something in order to unexhaust (i saw on of them wants drugs, I assume others want something else) Is it enough to have drugs or you also have to discard them in order to unexhaust companion?

The companion card will instruct you what needs to be done. If you can't do that, the card goes away.

5. Ghouls ability - he is basically healing by suffering rad damage. So lets say enemy does 6 damage, and 2 rad damage. I have 5 HP left. Am I dead or not? Basically I am asking about timing- do I get only 4 (6-2) damage, or I get 6 damage and heal 2 after?

You would die. Damage to you is applied first. If that kills you, you don't do anything else. The back page of the Rules Reference has a very nice outline of the fighting steps.

6. I have just killed enemy and have to spawn it on nearest area with that type of enemy. So what if that play already has enemy on it? Can I put it there or not? Is it important is that emeny face up or down? Pleas if someone can explain all possibilites I wolud really appreciate it.

You don't put it there if there's already another of that type there. Pick the next closest spawning point. If there isn't one, it doesn't spawn.

7. If encounter want you to do something (e.g. kill enemy, or do some dice checks) and you fail to do it do you still get rewards and continue with encounter or this encounter immediately ends? If it ends do you discard it, or what?

The encounter card will tell you what happens whether you fail or succeed.

P.S. sorry if some questions are stupid keep in mind I dont have game, and I havent seen it.

Don't sweat it. I would suggest reading the rules, then setting up and playing through a few turns, looking up things as questions come up. This is a game with a lot of things going on, but it's not complicated.

P.P.S. when game arrives tommorow I think that will open several more questions.zombie, I am speaking from experience...
Sorry if some questions were responded earlier, maybe there wasnt consensus regarding them, or I didnt understand explanation blush, so I wanted to clear everything up.

Many thx in advance , br,
Mladen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mladen Šimić
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jeff,

many thx for quick&precise answer and help.
I have just picked up the game, and have high expectations

Br,
Mladen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Smith
England
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff_Wells wrote:
Simicic wrote:
Hi to everyone,

Really? This seems a bit daft that you can just unequip it, move, then equip it whenever u like, at the end or your turn or before an encounter etc. Doing this would completely negate the whole reason of having to pay to move an extra space, no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
HuntersMoon wrote:
Jeff_Wells wrote:
Simicic wrote:
Hi to everyone,

Really? This seems a bit daft that you can just unequip it, move, then equip it whenever u like, at the end or your turn or before an encounter etc. Doing this would completely negate the whole reason of having to pay to move an extra space, no?

I think you can equip/re-equip at the beginning of a turn, right? So if you unequipped it (something I didn't think of honestly), you will not have it on if you are attacked before the next beginning of your turn *I think*.

To me "use anytime during your turn" means anytime. But I don't pretend to know what the designer intended.

I also play certain things differently as house rules because they irritate the <you know what> out of me. One of them is when you apply damage. If you and the monster both die (as often is the case in the fallout videogame) or if you heal from damage at the same time you take it, I count it as simultaneous (though this is not the rule in the book). It seems more like the videogame and I've played hundreds and hundreds of hours in the videogame so I want it to feel thematic. This doesn't come up that often, but it DOES come up.

Fun game, but it has some issues. My biggest issues are the wonky victory conditions related to influence related to the agenda deck and thus to quests. It doesn't scale well and the game can drag out and then end suddenly with no warning. In solo, 11 influence is hard to achieve because of the way end of round works in solo (because you only move the faction that is behind, if there is one, and this erases faction leads) with 4 cards.

Anyway, like I said, I like the game and I'm glad I bought it, but I don't think it's perfect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.